Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why oh why did the smoke detector battery have to run out in the wee hours of the morning? My final hour of sleep this morning was interrupted every 2-3 minutes with...chirp...chirp...chirp.

No, I couldn't just pop the battery out. It's part of the alarm system (which is great - because if no one is home to hear the smoke detector, the fire dept gets contacted anyway).

But, you need to let the alarm company know you are changing out the batteries, so they can put you on suspension so that an alarm does not go off and bring the whole fire dept for a simple battery change, although, I could have used their ladder, as this detector is on the ceiling over the top ledge of the stairs and dangerous to reach, all the while realizing these are two 3 volt batteries (3 volt! What the heck are these?!?!) and you don't have any and you need to go to Radio Shack to get them, and you even called earlier in the day to ask what kind of batteries so you were sure to have on hand BEFORE the whole above process and the dolt on the phone told you 9 volt, and it is not because 2 batteries x 3 volt = 9 volt, because it most certainy does not and she most certainly was an idiot, so your husband is up on the ladder, you are on the phone with the alarm co. and you can't tell who is cussing louder - you for having to run up and down to the keypad to keep resetting it or your husband who is still hovering over the stairs up on the ladder, now trying to reach a pen into the hole to run a test and having the very loud alarm go off proving the test complete and all systems working and you running back to the keypad to turn the darn thing off, all of which of course caused Taffy to go into a barking frenzy and continue doing so long after the alarm was off.

How's that for a run-on sentence? ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you sure it's connected for sureeee? Mine is supposedly connected to dispatch. The battery's been out for almost 2 years now. :-X No one's showed up yet!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I'm sure. Hubby pulled face plate off - keypad beeped - alarm co called to see if we needed the fire dept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts