Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We start puppy classes today. Chester, our "Elaborate Deceiver" is growing like a weed, still not sure if he is pure lab or lab/golden, but all in all, he is turning out to be a great puppy.

and with the big dogs (though Chester will soon be larger than our Sheltie).

Just had to share. :)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
What a handsome looking pup! May you guys share many happy and healthy years together.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
He's beautiful. Your sheltie is lovely, my parents are big sheltie fans!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Good luck with classes, and great looking family you have there.

P.S. I'm still voting most if not all lab for Chester.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
He looks at least 90% lab to me!!!

I think he is truly adorable... take many many pics. They are never small for long unfortunately!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all your encouraging words. Chester is so smart, and loving and quick to learn... We were the stars of the puppy class. He played but did not get hyper, and was easy to gain attention when we needed. I am not sure about the Clicker training, for one, our Sheltie does NOT like the clicker, and it seems awkward to be juggling all those things. I would prefer he be trained on praise and the occasional treat. We will have to see how it goes in the next session.

Chester loves the ducks in the pond in our backyard. We have had blue-wing teals, wood ducks, mottled ducks, and his favorites, the noisy, silly whistling ducks. He certainly has the "prey" instinct, he stalks them across the patio. If he isn't a Lab, he thinks he is one. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
He's cute - I don't see Golden at all - were you thinking that because of the color? Labradors can be "golden" color as well as lighter yellow. I see Shepherd - those ears will probably stand semi-erect when he's mature.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We found him as a "rescue" on Craigs List, advertised as a "Golden Retriever". Having one of my own, I realized he was not, but that he did need rescuing. I am pretty certain he is either all Lab or a mix of the two. His personality and behavior indicate Lab. Either way, we love him to bits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts