Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(and trying to adjust to Ken's laptop) OMG, guys, our visit with Kole was great, complete with more surprises (a couple Ken knew about and a couple he didn't)! The first was meeting us at the airport. It was kind of funny- before picking up our luggage, we went outside so Ken could have a "cancer stick". I was kind of glancing around and saw someone come out one of the doors in BDUs. The thought went through my head how he looked like Kole. I looked away, then took a second look when he turned towards us and went flying into his arms. On the way out of the airport, Kole told us his suprevisor told him to come in for work at 9 that night instead of 7, which was cool (wefoundout Tuesday that Kole goofed whenhe said he had Wednesday night off). We spent the rest of Wednesday just kind of tooling around. Kole gave us a quick driving tour of the base before he had to go to work. We were about half way back to the hotel when Kole called and said his shift super "chewed him out" for not bringing us into the shop and showing us around. Because Kole works on the F22 Raptor, it never crossed any of our minds to even ask, his included. So, after a quick "pit stop" at the hotel, we went back. Not only did we get a tour of the shop, we got to TOUCH A N F22 RAPTOR!!!! And look in the cockpit. Oh man, it was so awesome! Kole's shift super is really cool (redneck type who lives off base and has horses. Kind of an "awe shicks" kind of guy). The only down side was that I had one of my border line migraines. While waiting for Kole on Thursday, we pulled into one of the entrances of the race track to watch the planes from the base taking off and landing (the track is across the highway from the base. We just hung out the rest of the day. Ken & I walked the Strip Thursday night. That was pretty cool. Friday we went to Hoover Dam. We had a good time, but the $33 tour definitely wasn't worth the extra money. I was in for onemore surprise, too. On the way back to the hotel, Kole told Ken he had to go back to base for his uniform. He had decided to surprise me yet again and wear his dress blues to the bullriding that night! Bullriding, what canI say- it was a smaller scale of the PBR. We were 5 rows up, right by the chutes at the one end. Laura- wait til you see the pics Ken got of Tuff! And wouldn't you know- it was Donny Gay that passed within feet of me. Not once, but twice. :ugly: Why, oh why couldn't it have been Tuff? :laugh: Blake Shelton was great, too. Saturday we went to Red Rock Canyon. It really is beautiful. Wait til you all see the climb Kole & I made. Ken figured nobody would believe I did it so he stayed ayed down below just to take pictures for proof (he can be such a brat! LOL). We had dinner at the buffet in the Stratosphere then went up to the observatoin decks on the top two floors. What view! Before we left yesterday, Kole was able to get us out on the flight line, no pictures, tho. It was really cool seeing the planes all lined up in their squadrons. It was harder leaving Kole this time then it has been in the past. I cried when we left the base, and again as the plane was taking off. :'( Ken's at a meeting or something right now. He doesn't think he'll be all day like I thought. He wants to show me a few things when he's done. Our flight is real early in the morning- somewhere around 6:30. It's going to be one long day, too- we have an hour lay over in Houston, and won't land in Newark until almost 5:30PM. I'll post pictures after we get home.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hi Sue!
Sounds great!!! Kole sounds like a son to be super proud of!! :D

I hope you took some pics of Hoover Dam - I've always wanted to see that!!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mary Jane said:
Wow!!! Sounds like your having a blast!!
Donny Gay....what a mouth! :laugh:
LOL Yeah, in our house he'sknown as "Mush Mouth" . :laugh: :laugh:

jzgrlduff said:
Hi Sue!
Sounds great!!! Kole sounds like a son to be super proud of!! :D...
He sure is, Amy. I'm so proud of that kid that I burst into tears.

jzgrlduff said:
...I hope you took some pics of Hoover Dam - I've always wanted to see that!!
Kole took pics inside and out of the dam.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Sounds like you all are having an awesome time! The boys love going to "Daddy's work" and seeing the planes. I think after their trip to the fire station, the fire company has the planes trumped now! One still wants to go to AFA, become a pilot and a fire fighter, and then president. :happy: The other just wants to be a fireman now! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts