Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the boys to their Vet's yesterday for their routine checkup and found a brochure in the waiting area advertising a new kennel. This kennel/Day care facility is located only 4 miles from my house, essentially in the middle of Houston. I plan to stop by this weekend to check out the accomodations. From this website it looks like five star accomodations with a well trained caring staff.
http://www.houstondogranch.com/sleepovers.html

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Wow! Sign me up for a few weeks there too :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Wow! Looks pretty new, but VERY nice! Awfully expensive though, especially the training fees.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Very nice but I think it is rather silly to offer such a lovely place for DOG BOARDING and then say

Any damage to guest accommodations that occurs during a dog’s stay, will be the responsibility of the dog’s owner. Maximum fee for damage is $150.

You chose to build a place like that for DOGS to use I think that is a chance you take. JMO I too think the training rates are a bit inflated.

But that is one stinking cool place. I'd stay there!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any damage to guest accommodations that occurs during a dog’s stay, will be the responsibility of the dog’s owner. Maximum fee for damage is $150.

You chose to build a place like that for DOGS to use I think that is a chance you take.
That caught my attention also. I have a feeling they have some experiences with young Labs.:D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Very nice but I think it is rather silly to offer such a lovely place for DOG BOARDING and then say

You chose to build a place like that for DOGS to use I think that is a chance you take. !
Ya, wicker furniture? Oh Shanny! Here's a place for you!

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Wow, cool place!

The tack on charges for everything though: cuddle time, pool time, play time. What happens if you choose not to pay for these? Does your dog just stay in the room the whole time?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What a gorgeous place! Check out the bone-shaped doggie pool! Kewl!

This made me kind of sad though.
Playtimes
Individual Playtime $6 for 20 minutes

Cuddle Time $6 for 20 minutes
(for the less active dog)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tack on charges for everything though: cuddle time, pool time, play time. What happens if you choose not to pay for these? Does your dog just stay in the room the whole time?
No problem with my two. I always kennel them together so they amuse each other. For longer stays I actually "buy" some individual play time just to give them a break from each other. Most if not all of the kennels here are inside/outside so they are not just confined to a room.

I have filled out the pre-screening paper work to take by tomorrow and it is extensive, one form for new client info, one for emergency info, and a three page "Temperament Test". The last is to identify any and all problems a dog may have.
I may use this kennel for long weekend boarding as it is convenient. For a week or more I will still drive them down to Camp Canine where they can run wild all day long. Here is the link to that kennel. You can spot Duke and Freckles in the bottom photo on the home page:
http://www.campcaninetexas.com/

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Camp Canine looks like a fun place too!!

I'm envious.

I'm sure your 2 will pass the temperament test!!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
WOW! That's a beautiful place. I guess for people who choose to board their dogs there price is no object. Those fees for play and cuddle time seem so... so... I dunno... so unplayful and uncuddle-like.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Cute, but doesn't seem practical. It's very hard to disinfect wood (as the little bunkhouses are all wood). Agree the prices are a bit inflated as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts