Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the Czech Republic for a month in May. We already have the tickets for that part, but our flight leaves from Atlanta, so I need to get from Charleston to Atlanta in May and then from Atlanta to Charleston in June.

Where is the cheapest place to get plane tickets through? Anyone have any good tips?

TIA

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
I just made some flight reservations and just googled departing city, etc.
So you could do that google flights Charleston to Atlanta and look at expedia and some of those other sites and see what they offer. Or you could drive 5 hours over here to Hotlanta! ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I usually go with Orbitz. But before I buy, I find which airline has the cheapest flights on Orbitz (say it's Northwest)...then I go to the Northwest Airlines website - sometimes I find it cheaper.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips.

I went on Google and it gave me that cool thing where I entered the date onto the Google page, and then I didn't have to enter it into all the other search engines- sweet!

At any rate, it looks like Delta's going to be the cheapest, with the Delta website being about $5 cheaper than the others. AirTran is coming to Charleston starting May 24, so I can get a one way ticket from ATL to Charleston in June for $59...now I just have to find a way to Atlanta!

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Yeh, Airtran is starting a lot of new flights on the 24th of May. I'm going to California in May...unfortunately, it's the week before the cheap tickets!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I get emails from Spirit and sometimes they have incredibly cheap flights. If they go in and out of the cities where you are headed, you may just luck out.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Southwest has cheap tickets :) Check out their website.

1.5 years ago I flew from NY to LA for $80 tickets :p My friend and I drove back...but I could have gotten the return ticket for the same price.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Can't help with the plane tickets, but the Czech Republic? cool. I have been to Prague for a long weekend -- absolutely stunning city. What are you up to over there?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trickster said:
Can't help with the plane tickets, but the Czech Republic? cool. I have been to Prague for a long weekend -- absolutely stunning city. What are you up to over there?
I am SO EXCITED! We'll be staying in Prague for most of the month, but taking other one or two day trips to other parts of the country.

It's an Anthropology trip, so we'll be trying to live like the Czechs do- taking public transportation, staying in a hostel (not an American hotel), and eating in pubs instead of fancy restaurants. It's basically trying to get us out of our American bubble and experience another culture/language/country.

Did I mention I'm excited? :D

G

·
I say you get what you pay for. I have given up on Southwest, I have restless leg syndrome and I can't take having the seat so close to me I flip out.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang, apparently the Charleston airport doesn't have Southwest. I think it's looking like a Delta trip for me.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I am absolutely the worst at saving money on airfare. I usually book flights the day before (mostly business) :p I use travelocity, it's hassle free and I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trickster said:
Wow. That sounds really interesting. Have you ever been to Europe?
Nope. This will be my first time. :)

Hey- I have a question that you might be able to answer. My professor keeps telling us that flip flops are NOT a footwear option in Prague because of the dirty cobblestone streets. Is this the truth? Another professor said that she wears sandals, but not flip flops.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Hey- I have a question that you might be able to answer. My professor keeps telling us that flip flops are NOT a footwear option in Prague because of the dirty cobblestone streets. Is this the truth? Another professor said that she wears sandals, but not flip flops.
Not sure what the dirt has to do with anything but I agree that flip flops are a no especially with cobbled streets. I think if you are doing a lot of walking comfortable shoes are essential...same for anywhere, really. You should also bare in mind that mainland Europe doesn't usually get exceptionally high temperatures. Not in May anyway. However, I think from now to September the weather is perfect for things like sight seeing.

Your first time in Europe...I bet you will love it. When my Canadian relatives come over they always say what a culture shock it is. I think the history especially is overwhelming...I guess it is hard to imagine that one particular house/church/landmark is older than your entire countries history!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts