Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last two years observing at dog parks, I have noticed that some dogs seem to love to chase others, and some love to be chased. Hershey Kisses never chases another dog, but quite often I interpret her to be teasing another dog to chase her.

I was wondering if others observe the same thing and how many of us have chasers verses chasees? I get in trouble with the DW and DDs when I tell them that HK is just like a human girl. Loves to be chased, but doesn't want to get caught.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Bruno loves to be chased. The only one who can keep up with him is Duke, who is always just short of catching him. It's fun to see Duke try to "head him off at the pass" , as well as the growling noises Duke makes as he chases.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Alfie likes to run over to other dogs which im never too keen on, sniff them for a few seconds then come back. He is usually the one that gets chased though

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Zoe is a chaser. I have not taken her to a dog park in a long, long time, but when I did it was hilarious to watch. A dog like a JRT in the front with dogs of varying heights all in a line running everywhere...my Zoe right in there with them with that tongue hanging down to the ground. My other two are not either chasee or chaser; they are hang next to momma types.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Phoebe LOVES being the chasee. She will do everything she can to get another dog to chase her! She will be the chaser, though, if another dog has something she REALLY wants.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, that's so true! We definitely have a chaser and a chasee at our house. Simon LOVES to be chased! He goads Angus to chase him, then he will run like a mad devil around the yard, even after Angus has stopped and is just looking at him like, "Oh-K..." :D

If Angus isn't out there, Simon will try to get me to chase him. I can't run like that, obviously, but if I just stand in one place and lunge at him when he goes by, that seems to be enough for him. :p

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
We have a chasee here. And usually she'll observe at the DP one dog chasing another and decides to participate. She's not very often the chasee and when she is she usually isn't fond of it and will try and turn the game around so that she's the chaser again. Sometimes that is not successful though when the other dog doesn't want to be chasee either! :)

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Abbey LOVES LOVES LOVES to be chased. It's her favorite thing in the whole world. She will purposely antagonize and steal toys from other dogs in order to get them to chase her. :D

She'll also chase other dogs, too, but she likes to be chased more. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmmm....I think Shelby prefers to the the chaser, especially with same size dogs, when she is playing with smaller dogs she likes to be chased, there is a pug at the dog park that she plays really well with, his name is Dex, such a cutie, funny to watch him chase Shelby around the park.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
My beloved Bess was never socialized around other dogs so, unfortunately, she didn't play with any of them.

But Puff loves being chased -- I call it her game of "The Lions Chasing the Wildebeeste"

The other peeps at our weekly Saturday Labfests are always delighted when she takes off on her huge great circles in the park (usually roughly 100 yards/30 meters in diameter) with a string of other dogs following her. She used to do this 4-5X an hour earlier in her life but now, at age 7, it's usually only once or twice. It does give her and the others some very good exercise.

For a few years when she was younger, she used to finish off these runs by juking, threading, her way through the group of people watching them run, never touching anyone. We peeps and the other dogs were never as lucky with the pack following. Fortunately, :D she rarely does that anymore.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Peanut is a chaser/chasee, if she's in the mood to play. She swings both ways. :cool:

Baloo is a retrieving fool, but when he does actually play with other dogs, he's a chaser. Mostly because they just stole his retrieving toy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Off topic: Bob, what a wonderful picture of you and Puff!!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I think some of the Ontario Labfest people may remember when Phoebers led a huge butt tuck through the agility course at Royackers...she had all the dogs chasing her...that was definite evidence of how much she loves it!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Rhys is a chaser, Ruby loves to be chased, but since Gin came along, she doesn't get chased at all. Rhys and Gin are bestest friends, and Rhys rarely chases Roo any more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.