Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else out there besides me suffering from a terrible case of chapped lips? My poor lips hurt soooo bad, and they're starting to crack :( When I woke up this morning my bottom lip was bleeding (ouch!!) I put some of my lip stuff on them and they feel a bit better but ones lips should never hurt this badly!!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
the best lip stuff will always be vaseline when they get that bad.

i'm not here

shhh

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
What are you putting on them, Stace?

My lips got that bad once, and I had to stop using my beloved Burt's Bees for a little while. I finally realized that it helps prevent stuff, but doesn't do much for healing (at least for me). My new favorite is the All Natural Chapstick.

Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually I use the "my favorite lip balm" w/ SPF 15 made by CO Bigelow, but since they've been so sore and nasty at night I've been using vaseline and then the favorite lip balm during the day.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Mine are chapped, but not that bad yet. I swear by good old Bag Balm, especially when they're cracked and bleeding. In case I need something at work (let's face it, Bag Balm isn't exactly portable), I keep a tube of Blistex in all my coat pockets and in the truck.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I swear by Carmex. As kelli said, vaseline is also very good for healing lips that are already chapped and sore.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I have been using Vaseline on mine. At night they've just be so dry and burning. So I slather Vaseline on them and in the morning, all is well. ;)

I like Nutrogena lip balm.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Blistex trumps vaseline. Doesn't taste better though.

Stacey, do you use chapstick year round? I wonder if that is contributing to your permanent chapped lip syndrome?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
AbbyandMolly said:
Usually I use the "my favorite lip balm" w/ SPF 15 made by CO Bigelow, but since they've been so sore and nasty at night I've been using vaseline and then the favorite lip balm during the day.
I use the my favorite lip balm too (Brigetta loves it as well...she's eaten the tube and the jar before :-\) and the lip buffer. I also like lip rescue w/ shea butter, by desert essence. But I agree, if you have actual cracks, I'd stick with the vaseline. Once your lips are healed, I'd use the lip buffer at night then the balm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts