Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to change the Main Title of a thread when you edit your own thread - like say you want to update, or add a picture and let people know. I've only figured out how to change the title when you open the post, but not the list where you just see the titles of the threads.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I discovered that last Friday when I was following them storms/tornados down in the SE, as it moved east I couldn't change the titlae as more states were affected.:(

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
YES you can!! I just did it the other day.

Edit--> Go Advanced

Now, this may only be available if someone hasn't replied to the thread yet. I caught my error just after I posted it and went back in before anyone replied. I'll see if I can do it now that others have replied.

okay- I just went to try to edit the title of a thread I started that has replies and yes, you can still edit the title.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
yes you can!! I just did it the other day.

You go into Edit. Then Go advance.

Now, this may only be available if someone hasn't replied to the thread yet. I caught my error just after I posted it and went back in before anyone replied. I'll see if I can do it now that others have replied.
Aim I just did this on a thread with replies to my original post and it worked!!

I changed my thread that was titled "Baby pics" to "Baby pics (4 pics)"

awesome!! thanks heaps for sharing that.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Further on this - one thing I have noticed is that it doesnt seem to show the change on the main screen, you have to open up the post to see the change.

For example: my Baby Photo's (4 pics) thread is showing still as just "Baby Photo's" when I click on New Posts at the top of the forum. Weird?

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Further on this - one thing I have noticed is that it doesnt seem to show the change on the main screen, you have to open up the post to see the change.

For example: my Baby Photo's (4 pics) thread is showing still as just "Baby Photo's" when I click on New Posts at the top of the forum. Weird?
That's what I found too - can't figure out if we can change the "main,main" title

1 - 10 of 10 Posts