Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I mostly don't post over at Lab Chat- I'm going to ask here. :)

I'm switching Tucker from Proplan to Eagle Pack. I don't have enough ProPlan left to do a full weeks worth of slow switching. Could I use rice instead of Proplan once the Proplan runs out? Would that make it easier on his stomach? I'd hate to have to buy another bag of Proplan at this point. I should have gone to the store sooner, but well, I'm a dork.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Does he have a history of a sensitive stomach? If not, just mix together what you've got and he'll be fine.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Unless he has a really sensitive stomach I would just use what you have to mix with it the first few days then switch. We just switched Zeus to the food Mocha's on so far no problems he was on Ol Roy though ::) ::) ::).

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
When I have switched foods in the past I have gone cold turkey. Mixing the foods is not really an issue unless you have a dog with a sensitive digestion. My poop/dead animal eaters certainly don't fall into that category!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
We did a cold turkey switch with Jenica from Proplan to Eagle Pack and she did really well without much of a stomach upset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts