Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the things we have always tried in the past, rice, pumpkin, bananas. We only have enough of his original food to mix with the food we are using one more time. But does anyone have any other suggestions of things that have worked? I hate to not give him enough food since he is still only 7 months old.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I don't feed my girls any kibble at all when they have the scoots. They get rice and boiled chicken until it goes away. (usually 2 meals worth in our house)

Do you think it's the food switch or an adjustment issue all round? When we took in Yeller, she had diarreha for a long, long time until she figured out our house wasn't going to abandon her.

Love the siggy pic!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually we were told he was having a problem before we picked him up. Joan sent a two day supply of Flagyl (sp. ?). I will go with the rice and chicken for a bit and see what happens. thanks

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Hi!

I was going to say what Karina did... steamed rice and boiled chicken here too. I split Henry's into 3 or 4 smaller meals.

Hope Chance's tummy is feeling better soon!!

I've been following his story since the beginning... I'm so glad he has such a wonderful forever home!! :D

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I bet the trip didn't help though. Boiled chicken and rice should help...or canned pumpkin.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wait, this is CHANCE Chance?! ;D I love him!! :-*

I would do the rice and boiled chicken or hamburger and no kibble at all. I hope it clears up soon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bandit had diarreha for about a week straight and I gave him the boiled chicken and rice with no kibble but it wasn't going away. we ended up going to the vet and he had a stomach virus so he's on antibiotics now.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Our general methodology to deal with the runs is:
Skip 2 meals
Two meal of just rice
Then add a bit of kibble back each meal with a bit less rice until all the rice has been replaced by kibble.

In order to replace bed time treats when the kibble is being withheld, try using ice or rice balls as the treat. To make rice balls, cook some rice (real rice, not converted ie not uncle ben's) and let it cool until you can handle it. Form into small balls and cool. These are winning treats around here when there is an upset stomach.

I'm sorry Chance is feeling poorly.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Sorry your sweet boy has tummy grumbles. I have used the pumpkin along with the chicken & rice. It works but sometimes it takes a day or two. Hope all is going well with your family and their new brother. ;D I just love Chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts