Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are couple of Chance's pictures taken yesterday. Stacked ones didn't turn out ok, my dear hubby has (almost) no talent for photography ... I would like you to share your opinions ...

and one from the training a week ago ...

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I'm new at this so please take my observations for what they're worth :laugh:

Lovely expression and head, not sharp, not harsh.
Proper coat, great tail- set and wrap
I like his front, nice topline and especially like his neck. He doesn't give that "bunched up", no neck look.

The 2nd shot gives the appearance that he is high in the rear, but I think that is just the angle of the shot.

The training photo is great...is he in mid-shake? lol

Again, I'm a total novice at this, just learning structure, terms and what to look for.
I like him a lot, nice boy. What lines?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We need to have a rule here...no posting pics without pedigrees :police: ;D
What is his pedigree please? I'm always curious to see the pedigrees!!
I like him...very nice type. He especially looks good with a duck in his mouth ;)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I think he's quite nice and maturing really nicely! LOVE his length of neck and he looks like he has a very sweet expression. :) He also appears to have just the right amount of substance at his age without being overdone, and you have him at a good weight. I agree- love the duck photo!

I remember you posting his pedigree a while back so I hope you don't mind, but I looked it up myself:
http://labrador.retriever.free.fr/pedig6.php?id=52101&lang=en
It certainly looks like he has a nice pedigree, too!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for nice comments! ;)
I'm pleased how he is maturing, I knew from the beginning that he'll be slow to mature and I didn't mind that, but gosh I admit that there were times when I looked at those puppy photos just to remind myself that he looked great as a pup, that he had neck and front and hind angulation and nice tailset ;D ... That's why he isn't shown much, I plan to start with "serious" showing next spring ::) . Anyway, we need to have a hunting trial with a dog to be able to get a champion title ... which IMO is not that bad ;) so we are using this time to train for hunting trials ..
... and no, he's not in mid-shake, he is way too eager to shake when he gets his duck, if he ever does it he does it with a duck in his mouth :D

It's a bit OT, but I would like to share this photo with you ... if you have as nice weather as we do ... go and have some fun!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts