Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have either? That's what I have it narrowed down to and I can't decide. They both get about the same reviews online. They're only $20 difference in price.

The Dare's camera would practically be like having a digital camera with you at all times - 3.2 mp, flash, autofocus, face detection. That would be very cool to have. But it's 100% touchscreen all the time and that might annoy me.

The Voyager gets a little better reviews for web browsing and you can flip it open and have old-school navigation if you get sick of the touch screen.

I am such a horrible decision maker and one isn't jumping out as being a lot better than the other so I'm struggling.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Well my brother has the Voyager and he's on his 7th or 8th one already.. They are such piece of craps, but I like the features of the Voyager better and it is faster. As long as you get insurance, you should be okay.

A couple of my friends have the Dare and don't like it at all. It's very sensitive and the screen gets messed up very easily. It's slow and it takes forever to load sometimes.

The Voyager has a pretty good camera, too. :) And I love it for having the keyboard so texting and all of that is way faster.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Both DH and I have LG phones I have the Viewty and DH the shine, we are both very pleased with them. The viewty has a 5mp camera but the pics are still not brilliant when you print them off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My daughter has the voyager and hates it, she says it's too big. Also on her second one.

My husband and son have the Dare. My son opted for the Dare since he couldn't afford the iphone. He said the pro for the Dare is that it's small. The cons: it's slow, typing isn't smooth and the mp3 player is a piece of crap.

Whatever you do, don't get the env2. I am on my 4th one.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have the voyager. I have had it for a couple of months. So far so good. I LOVE it! Its my favorite of all the phones I've owned. I love the touch screen and full qwerty keyboard. I pay the 15 buck a month fee for the Vcast service and my kids watch videos on it when we need to kill time when we are out running errands.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i have the first enV from 2 years ago and DH and i have absolutely no problems with them whatsoever. it's time for a trade in but we can't find anything we like as much. we also both looked at the dare and really liked it.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Narrowed my choices down to the same two in Dec. I went with the Dare. Nice phone, works well. Done with the positives.

Touch screen when compared to the Ipod Touch sucks, big time. If AT&T is acceptable to you as a provider, I would go with the iPhone. I personally hate Apple but they stuc a home run with the iPhone. Long story on why I have a Touch, but it was a gift or Iwould own one. Now that I do, I want the Apple/AT&T pact broke so I can get one with other providers.

GPS works, kind of neat, too d*** expensive.
Interent surfing is really slow. Too d*** expensive.

Dare touch screen is really sensitive. Takes a while to get used to it. Testing on it is a pain, but better than with a dial pad instead of qwerty.

Camera is a cell phone camera, better than many but nothing great. Viewing the display in sunlight is a joke. Point the darn thing and hope the picture is what you wanted. And the shutter releases with button release rather than button press. PITA! to get used to. If you want a camera, buy a camera. Not a phone.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have a camera, a good one. I wouldn't expect my cell phone to replace that. I just don't always have it with me.

I've played with the Voyager and the Dare in the store. I don't mind the size of the Voy. at all. I can understand how some people would think it's too big, but I don't need a tiny, skinny cell phone. Actually I think I prefer that it has a little more bulk to it.

Iphone is not an option for me at all. It's very cool definitely, but the phone itself is too expensive and the monthly service is more than I'm willing to spend.

I'm still undecided but I think I'm leaning toward the Voyager because I like that it's not 100% touch screen. The phone I liked the best of the ones we played with in the same price and capability range was the LG Vu, but that's AT&T and we've decided to stay with Verizon.

Thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts