Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously I don't do a lot of this or I'd know an answer to my question...

Is it possible, and/or how do I burn data to a CD, and then add more data to it as I go. Ex: I want to burn chapters of my novel as I write them, all onto one CD.

I've tried doing this in the past, and it hasn't worked. What I put on first, becomes corrupted and I can't get to it once I add the next part onto the CD.

Any advice/help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
CDs are kind of old school at this point. I don't use them anymore.

Get a flash drive (aka Jump Drive). Very easy to use and really portable. I have one with me all the time. It plugs into your USB port and should load itself onto your computer - then you can drag and drop documents onto it. Then when you want to add something - you simple open the document, add whatever you wish, save it again and dismount the jump drive.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I agree about the flash drive. If you do go the CD route, you must be certain to buy the re-writable type, otherwise you'll not be able to add any data to what you've already put on it. I suspect you had a standard CD before and that's why you couldn't add more data.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh! I don't know why I didn't think of a flash drive. Geez, that's an easy one.

And when I'm finished I can burn the complete CD for the publisher.

Cool. Thanks for telling me something I should have already known ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.