Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lola is constantly eating cat poop, not from the litter box..but from outside. The woman next door to me feeds about 10 wild cats.They "live" next door so they use my yard as their litterbox. Everytime I let Lola out to go to the bathroom she finds more cat poop. I try to watch her...but she finds it so fast. Any suggestions on this one..my first lab and Gracie never did this. Lola loves to eat poop. Help

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Have you talked to the woman next door? I would. Her cats shouldn't be pooping in your yard, wild or not. By feeding them she has claimed responsibility and it is her responsibility now to clean up after them.

As for getting Lola to stop eating it? Sorry, I have no suggestions.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you talked to the woman next door? I would. Her cats shouldn't be pooping in your yard, wild or not. By feeding them she has claimed responsibility and it is her responsibility now to clean up after them.

As for getting Lola to stop eating it? Sorry, I have no suggestions.
I haven't said anything. I feel bad, she has a panic disorder and never leaves her house...the cats are her enjoyment. I love cats too...I just wish they would poop in their yard. I am going to give my yard a good cleaning and I hope with the new fence going up and the dogs being in the yard a little more, they will stay away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My dogs love cat and chicken poop:eek: (I have a chicken that lives in my backyard:D) My main concern as far as it hurting your dog would be parasites. If these cats get one and they are wild then no one will be taking them to the vet and they could pass them along to your dog.

My dogs eat cat poop all the time and it has not hurt them. I have 2 indoor cats and they are always raiding the litter box any time they can...yuck:confused:

I too would not be happy with cats coming in my yard and using it as a litterbox but it is almost impossible to control where a cat goes unfortunately. I wish you luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts