Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful cat named Sophie. She is about 1 1/2 yrs old. She is a totally indoor cat so about 6 mo's ago I put her on Iams Weight Control food to keep her weight under control.

I just opened a new bag of this food 3 days ago. She threw up the last two days and didn't touch the food yesterday. I took the food away. She is running and playing and seems fine. There is no rice protein or wheat gluten in the food...maybe it is just a bad bag?

I'm heading to the pet store today. What food brands do you like for your kitties?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Averi is 2. He's on Nutro Indoor Weight Control. He does really really well on it. He was getting a little chubby, but he's been on this for about 6 months now and he's doing great. Active and happy and healthy.

Prince is 13. And he's indoor/outdoor, so this doesn't really apply to you, but I'll share anyways. He's on Innova Senior Formula. Since switching to this from the Iams Active Maturity, I've noticed a real improvement in him overall.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I feed the Evo Feline too. Cleo does really well on it. If your cat is vomiting after eating it, with all this recall scare going on, I think I'd switch to be safe. I know Iams had some problems.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I feed Trader Joes store brand - my cat is really fussy and it's the only thing she'll eat- it's actually pretty decent (cheap too!).

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I just feed Science Diet to mine. I know a lot of the folks here don't like it, but it's what my cats like and do well on.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Charla said:
I just feed Science Diet to mine. I know a lot of the folks here don't like it, but it's what my cats like and do well on.
Cats are fussy. You have to feed what they like and do well on. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for your replies. Its interesting that Innova came up several times. I bought Purina Pro Plan weight management at Pet Smart. She seems to like it this evening. Since I now feed Sammie the Innova Evo, if Sophie doesn't do well on this, I'll buy an Innova product.

I really cannot believe that the Iams product is bad....but I feel Sophie was trying to tell me something...and I want to protect her, logical or not. I hope the Proplan works out fine.

Thanks again.

Julie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts