Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
which finger
HA! ;D

I get that sometimes...but then again I also get involuntary eyelid twitches, and my lip sometimes. It's very slight, but I can feel it.

Do you have any other carpal tunnel symptoms?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
My eyelids twitch when I'm really tired or stressed.

However....the only time I get a finger twitch is in heavy traffic when someone tries to cut me off. ;D

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IzzyLucyWillie said:
which finger ;)

(sorry couldn't resist) :laugh:
Coincidentally, it is my middle finger. I also have some burning going on in my wrist area, both above and underneath. I can actually feel the twitch start about 3 inches up my arm. It's the craziest thing. It's worse if I've been at my keyboard for long periods of time.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
This is what the nurse at work did when I thought I was getting it.

Turn you arm so your wrist is pointing up. Take your index finger from the other hand and TAP TAP TAP TAP (hard) on the hand/wrist joint of the bad hand. If you have carpel, you should definitely have some pain there when you do that.

I didn't have it, thank goodness. I hope you don't either. :(

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Another test is to raise your hand above yer head (ok, you can go potty ;D) and let your wrist go limp, if it gets numb in a couple minutes, almost for sure, no matter get it checked. I let ming go till real bad because I didn't know better. (late 80's) I had to have surgery and it scarred back up (my bodies fault not the doctors) Had them redone about a year later, rescarred. Mine are messed up for good, the reason I'm selling clothes now instead of doing welding and similar things that pay way better. I have very limited strength in my hands and the outside fingers have such little movement I have to type with two fingers.

(BTW, my co-worker, an ex-printer says I'm the fastest 2 fingered typist he's ever seen. :eek:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I never had finger twitches but I used to get "zings" all the time. Like an electric shock running up my fingers. You probably should get it check out though. There are all kinds of repetitive stress things that can happen. Carpel Tunnel is just the most famous. The longer you wait the harder it is to fix. Surgery worked somewhat for me but if I had treated it sooner I may have been able to avoid the whole thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts