Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you will all please sit nicely and let me take a pic of Cappy's incision ... you'll each get an Animal Cookie after. Ok?

The drains were taken out and the vet removed another 3/4 cup of accumulated serum from the swelling area via needle through two different locations just over and slightly to the right of the incision. I wouldn't let the vet put a new drain in. It's been more than a month of enduring incisions and drain insertions for my poor boy and I wanted him to have a break. If the area does swell and fill back up again we'll drain it via needle next week.

Since all puppy persons did nice sits and waited patiently, they each got their reward cookie, starting with Cappy. Notice how well each calmly waits their own turn and respects the others? Amazing the little guy has already learned ... "No Comply ... No Cookie".

Good boys and girl!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Cappy looks so much better. Hope the need for more draining is history.

neat how the dogs learn that each will get their reward in time. I see that when Louie or Neman is here. No one tries to grab out of order.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Cappy looks great, and I agree he does deserve a break. What nice, polite puppers you have.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Cappy looks so good ... his incision is clean and nice. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The incision looks great! Very polite puppies! =)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Cappy's looking good, Jim. The incision is clean, heopfully he won't need more drains.

I see rsuty is following Remi's lead being good. You've got a great team, there.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everyone's good thoughts during Cappy's five week ordeal have been very much appreciated. We now shift our focus to treating his early stage chronic renal failure. A new food (KD) and the elimination of some treats and table foods he's been accustomed to for so many years is about all we can do at this point. There just aren't any meds to particularly benefit him..

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Bless his heart, he's had a rough patch. Now he's on the mend and back to normal. I love how they all are so patient, such sweet faces waiting their turns.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
That looks like it is healing very nicely! I don't blame you for wanting to give him a break, poor guy.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Lookin' good Mr Cappy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts