Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ones do you use?

Santa brought Cameron a hamster for Christmas. Nibbles is a bit bigger than we thought he'd be and the cage Santa brought seems awful small. So, we're going to expand the cage using the tunnels. I'm just trying to find a decent size cage that we can use tunnels with for less than $50!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked there. That is where I normally shop. But they want $50 for a wire cage that is able to support tunnels. That just seems crazy to me. I may end up with another plastic cage. I'm also checking kijiji.ca regularly to see if I can come across one.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Are you or your DH handy with tools? I built Oscar's cage with a lot of help from an engineer friend and my brother. We used chicken wire and 2x2s. I used his old cage base as his litter pan. Oscar was a rabbit.

When I was a kid my mom used plexiglass to make a cage for the gerbils. It was just a really tall box that was open at the top. It was neat because we would give them cereal boxes and they would chew them up and make tunnels and nests in the pieces of boxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.