Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that smurfing dirt bag jack ass that much money!!!! :mad: :mad:

Some of you might remember a post I made on the old board a few weeks back. Long story short, I was involved in an auto accident 4 years ago. My insurance company told the guy to go pound sand when he filed a claim for the infamous "neck & back injuries". Well he didn't like that & has sued me in civil court.

We had to go before the arbitration panel last week. So I followed up with my attorney this morning to find out what if anything they award.

:eek:WELL THEY DID TO THE TUNE OF $25,000!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
It's my settlement. From when that crazed fan accosted me, mistaking me for Brad Pitt. I thought my $4 million was perfectly justified for pain and suffering......

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What are you talking about???

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooops, I am so aggravated, I did not make much sense in my OP.

http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,93958.0.html

There is a link to the post on the old JL board.

My attorney had warned me the arbitration panel would likely award the dirt bag jack ass something, because in most cases the arbitrators represent people like him.

Never expected it to be $25,000. :eek: Just make me seething mad because he is just looking for an easy payout.

My insurance company has instructed the award be appealed. So this headache lives on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! What a scumbag!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It's my settlement. From when that crazed fan accosted me, mistaking me for Brad Pitt. I thought my $4 million was perfectly justified for pain and suffering......
Everything's a joke to you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OK wait, I may have prematurely called him a scumbag. Do you know for a fact that he wasn't really injured? What did Drs. reports say? The courts must have based that award on something.

At least it doesn't come out of your pocket. :)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK wait, I may have prematurely called him a scumbag. Do you know for a fact that he wasn't really injured? What did Drs. reports say? The courts must have based that award on something.

At least it doesn't come out of your pocket. :)
We (my insurance company & myself) have never disputed my liability for the accident or the fact that the dirt bag jack ass was injured. What we are fighting is the EXTENT of his injuries. As you'll see below, he is claiming way more than reasonable could have resulted from this accident. He has claimed the following:

- midline disc herniation
- lumbar spine strain & sprain
- cervial spince strain & sprain
- injury to nerves and nervous system

and of course a claim for "pain & suffering".

According to the medical information (from his physicians and the physician hired by my insurance company), he probably suffered some soreness & possible soft tissue damage (aka brusing). According to his medical information, he had the early stages of degnerative back disorder, so at least some of his issues were pre-existing & therefor not a result of the accident.

Considering I was at a complete stop just prior to the incident, I could not have been going very fast. It was not fast or hard enough to cause my vehicle's airbags to deploy. In addition, if I had hit the other vehicle hard enough to cause all that, then I should have more damage to my vehicle. The damage to my car: scuffed up paint on the hood & a crack across the Monte Carlo logo on the hood.

The money would be paid by my insurance company. I was told by my insurance company, the max he could be awarded was the limit on my policy at the time of the accident, which is exactly what they gave him. If the amount is altered based on the appeal, I don't think he can try to come after me individually any further.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh brother! So he took complete advantage of the system and won. Scumbag!!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh brother! So he took complete advantage of the system and won. Scumbag!!
Amy, that about sums it up!

I really hate that this is continuing to drag on, I just want it over. :(

I can only hope that whatever he finally walks away with (I've accepted the fact he is going to get something), is gone before he can enjoy it.

Between his attorney's fees and what, if anything, his soon to be ex-wife gets in their divorce settlement, I seriously hope there is nothing left for him. It would only be fair turn-about, if that happened.

You might think what I said up there is vindictive, but considering what he's drug me through the last 2 years... payback should be a real *****!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You might think what I said up there is vindictive,
I don't think so at all. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts