Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't written very much at the board about this (although Laura is all too familiar with the situation) but we have a Paddy vs Flynn struggle for alpha that is ongoing. Paddy doesn't care about alpha thing but it means the world to Flynn. Oh, Pad will "warn" Flynn off but Flynn ignores Paddy.

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes Flynn will lay down respectfully and quietly alongside Paddy. Psssssh. I think it's respectfully. I guess Paddy knows better and he snarls and gruffs at Flynn who raises those outlaw eyes of his... "Whooooo, meeeeee?!?"

I just ordered Flynn to show some respect. I actually shook my finger at him and said those words! Do you know what he did? Do you?!? He gave me one of these: ;D

Gawwwwwwwwd!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
That Flynn has way too much personality which is why I love him. :)

I think that grin was his idea of the doggie finger, Nance.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
labby said:
That Flynn has way too much personality which is why I love him. :)

I think that grin was his idea of the doggie finger, Nance.
Oh God that made me laugh! Oh yes it did!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
The "doggy finger"..... that makes me LAUGH !!! We have a wee bit of the testosteron (sp?) going on here from time to time too..... mostly it's when somebody is in somebody elses "spot" on the couch....... Sherman gives it the low growl....... (that's MY spot and I want it NOW)...... Charlie Brown, gives a shrill loud BARK ( OKAAAYYYY........ grumpy !) and slinks down off the couch.............. boys will be boys....

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Paddy doesn't seem to care. Yeah, right. It appears that way because he IS the alpha. Flynn acts the way he does because he is the alpha wannabe. I had the same thing between Tina and Holly, 2 of my Irish.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I agree, Paddy does care - otherwise he'd back down and let Flynn take over alpha position. Flynn is challenging him without being overt about it so you don't step in and shut him down. When you do, he knows he's been caught red-pawed, hence the doggie finger! ;D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Oh Flynn...it just ain't gonna happen. Sorry.
Paddy's way up there on the totem pole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts