Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bill just got a Canon Rebel Xt. He had a couple of old Canon SLR with three different lenses. Those lenses do not fit the new camera; the opening is bigger than the old cameras. What can he do to make the old lenses fit the new camera? Is there some kind of adjuster ring or something he can get? He got a great deal on the camera, but we sure as hell can't afford all new lenses! :(

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
A lot of the more common older film models do not have compatible lenses with the new rebels. I think the digital Rebel requires EF lenses. If they don't fit, I think you may be out of luck. But you can get a 50 mm or 18-55mm for less than $100.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I wish I had saved the website, but I believe that there are places who can (in some cases) fix up the older lenses to fit newer cameras. I'm not sure what they do exactly, but I remember seeing it somewhere.

I am sooo jealous! I have a Nikon digital SLR but Toby broke my lens and I can't afford a new one until I pay off my bills.. :( I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of pics of your two handsome boys!! :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill used to sell photographs, before digital cameras became so common. He has some incredible shots and slides. He's been wanting to get back into it, so when he found this Rebel, pluse, case, strap, card, card reader, battery, and charger for $370, including shipping, he just couldn't resist. His sister has the identical camera, and paid more than double that for just the camera.

But, we have several really good lenses that don't fit it. :( I found a place that has or makes adapter rings for lenses from other brands to fit the Rebel, so Bill is hoping he can get one for old Canon lenses to fit the Rebel.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I had two of my old Canon lenses fit my XT and two which didn't. You might try looking on ebay.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts