Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all!

Well... I'm finally back! Flew in yesterday to a lovely Wisconsin snow storm... had an exam this morning... and just now finally finding a moment to upload photos and relax.

The trip was exhausting. It was fun... it was stressful... I was sick but I had a great time.

Here is the link for the photos: http://gallery.me.com/milbran220#100262 It will be hard for me to pick out just a few to post here but I'll do that tomorrow while I'm at work.

Some highlights:

Wedding: Wedding was gorgeous, the weather was overcast which is perfect for pictures so I was happy for David and Marilka. The reception afterwards was full of excellent dancing and I had a blast (even though I fell once and got the bruises to prove it)

Resort: Meh. Room service and dinners were excellent, but the buffets were so tiring and I hate them. The service of the staff was either hit or miss... the vacation planner guy pissed me off (uggg!!) but a lot of the other staff were very helpful. I would never stay there again. The beach was good and all but it was way overpriced. It was nice not to have kids around, but instead we had a crotchty old man as our room neighbor and that was not fun to deal with.

Excursions: I was NOT a fan of the all-day excursions... they just aren't for me... I had fun on parts of them, but it seems like a lot of wasted time which was super annoying. By far the best thing though was the zip-line thing. It was short and sweet... short bus ride... hardly any waiting... and pure fun.

My Birthday: My birthday was Saturday and I have to say, I had an excellent time. We (a big group of us) spent the day on the Isla Mujeres, relaxing at the Palace resort on that island and doing a little shopping in the town. I had dinner with Mike, Brittany (the Maid of Honor) and her fiance Brandon in the Italian restaurant at the hotel and after that was done, Marilka's family showed up to sing happy birthday to me. As it turned out, she planned on going to a club (Senor Frog's) after dinner as part of my birthday celebration. It was crazy fun and easily the most memorable birthday I can imagine having.

Mike: Well... he was a handful. Very stressed out being in the vicinity of his ex, and I spent a lot of time trying to cheer him up... be supportive... and have fun myself. On the other hand... we had some excellent time dancing, he took care of me when I was sick, some great talks... and just great companionship.

My health... uggg! Before the trip I had a terrible cough that was finally getting better when we left. By Sunday I was blowing my nose constantly and the coughing kept getting worse and worse... went to the doc today and he thinks I have a full blown infection so more cough suppressant with codeine and antibiotics!

Well... I think that's it... My brain is a little fuzzy... had to do the stupid exam this morning and I'm so exhausted from the trip and being sick. I'll post individual pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Sorry about being sick. I think the only thing worse than being sick is being sick away from home. I'm glad you had some fun though. I love all your pics! Thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Glad you had a good time. Sifted thru a few pics, but then quit. I'll wait for the individual ones. Mike's cuter than that other guy (sorry I don' tremember his name). I'm guessing his ex was on the beach in the orange dress. Just a guess..

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
~~~sigh~~~ Those sunsets. Good for my eyes, considering we're currently buried (AGAIN!!!) in snow today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.