Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be for the first time walking in a cancer walk with my children. We will be walking for my mother, who is a cancer survivor. My questions are, is it ok to wear pink that day? Or is that only for cancer survivors? Also I was thinking of making the kids shirts to wear that day. I would like some thoughts of what to put on the shirts. Was thinking on the front, maybe Baba's Butterflys, and on the back, putting their foot prints, saying walking for a cure, or in Amelia's case crawling for a cure? Any thoughts? Or other ideas I can do for shirts?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Did you mom have breast cancer? Pink is usually reserved for that type of cancer, blue for prostate and purple for the rest. We just did a walk for MS and everybody wore orange, even if they did not have the disease. I like your ideas for decorating the shirts.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Your idea is great. I'd suggest saving those shirts as a special remembrance of your walk that you can share with your children in the years to come. A great learning experience for them.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I couldn't ask mom, for I wanted it to be a surprise when the kids arrive in their shirts.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
my husband bought me a pink screwdriver - and I haven't had cancer (yet) so I'd say go for pink
I love the idea of the teeshirts too :)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Your ideas are fabulous, your mom will be very touched.

I usually walk the Run for the Cure, which is a breast cancer fundraiser, and everyone wear's as much pink as they can. Registered participants (we usually don't register, just make a donation to someone we know who had breast cancer and is registered, we know a few ladies!) who are survivors usually have a pink official t-shirt, and others have white, and then the main sponsor employees have red... or something like that. Everyone else is pretty much as pinked-up as they can be!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
We always have the largest work place team in Race for the Cure. One of my co-works use to take her kids in their wagon until they got old enough to walk the 6K.

I always register Cinnamon as a child and get her a race shirt. I know they say no dogs but nothing is ever said about well behaved ones as long as you stay out of the way and let the competive runners leave first and of course you clean up after them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts