1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Hey, Canadians on JL--can we import this woman to the US? If this interview is true, she needs to teach a lot of mayors, governors, (and presidents) how to lead!
She's undoubtedly a smart, capable, remarkable woman but I very much doubt that she entered a miserable situation and did it all on her own.

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, it also took a concerned electorate in a situation which did NOT have lots of strongly polarized factions with money to spend and influence to get their way at the expense of everyone else (i.e., who weren't believers in 'what's best for us is what will be best for our community').

So it's not only the smarts and other characteristics of this mayor but ALSO the situation that allows those attributes to grow and flourish.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Used to live there, and it's a great place to live. :) Many Canadians would agree with you, especially residents of Mississauga!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Back off Yanks, we've given you Celine Dion and Michael J Fox, take take take, that's all you do ;)

Hazel is pretty special!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back off Yanks, we've given you Celine Dion and Michael J Fox, take take take, that's all you do ;)

Hazel is pretty special!
Can we trade Celine back?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We don't want her back. She can stay put.
Gee, thanks. But you really shouldn't have. I mean, we just can't accept. Really.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
She was my grandmothers hero. Nannie would get purple in the face if anyone dared speak against Mayor Hazel. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts