Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to make an Obama post since everyone else got to this week.

But no seriously, for real, it's been suggested.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2009/01/16/labradoodle-obama.html

The Winnipeg Humane Society has come up with a way for U.S. president-elect Barack Obama to satisfy his daughters' wish for a hypoallergenic dog and those who want him to adopt from an animal shelter.

Bill McDonald, the executive director of the Winnipeg shelter, said he's written to Prime Minister Stephen Harper to offer a Labradoodle puppy to the U.S. president-elect.

Eleven of the dogs were seized from a puppy mill in Manitoba in December and they'll be ready for adoption next month.

McDonald said he wrote in his letter that Harper could present the dog to Obama as a gift from the people of Canada.

He said the society would be willing to bring a puppy to Ottawa so Harper could present it to Obama when he makes his first official visit to Canada.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eastcoastmom said:
We should give him a beaver.
**** the neti pot - I just washed my sinuses out with milk! awesome! LOLOLOL

Thanks T!

I don't think he'd know what to do with a Canadian beaver though!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Didn't bill enjoy the company of the beaver in his term? They're quite popular with parliament.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kelli said:
Didn't bill enjoy the company of the beaver in his term? They're quite popular with parliament.
good point Kelli - and I do believe said beaver enjoyed gnawing his wood in kind too.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
That settles it. Canadian beaver for Obama. 3 of them. One waxed, one shaved with "landing strip" down it's back, and one "au natural".

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
That settles it. Canadian beaver for Obama. 3 of them. One waxed, one shaved with "landing strip" down it's back, and one "au natural".
Did you know snorting red wine out your nose hurts!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hey if you need any extra beavers we have a lot of them here in Oregone!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Its not the worst idea in the word. Atleast it would be a rescue. Of course there are alot of Standard Poodles in shelters. People tend to forget that they airn't as dainty as society would have you beleive. But im sure everyone would make fun if the president had a poodle :whatever:. But really in all truth do dog breed is 100 % easy on the allergies. Poodles are just on the least likely end of the list. Really though I could care less what kind of dog they get. Though im sure no matter what, some dog lovers somewhere are gonna cause a huge stink about it. And really the Obama family shouldn't worry about pleasing the country with their choice of dogs. It should be whats best for their family. And since about 99% is not related to the family our opinion doesent and shouldn't matter to them. But like I said im dreading the day they make their choice because somewhere im gonna have to hear people complain about the Obama's choice in breed.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
I almost pulled a Regina and peed my pants on that one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts