Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every bad thing anyone says about Canada Post is TRUE!

On Thursday, we were expecting a very important package. I can't stress enough how important this package was. The guy sending it sent it on Wednesday Next Day Xpresspost, GUARANTEED! Well, Thursday came and went and no package. I tracked it online- said it was out for delivery. I was gone from 9am until 11:40am. When I got home, there was no notice on my front door. I went to the mailbox, no notice in there either and NO MAIL in the box. So I wait and wait. No package. I'm freaking, thinking something has happened. I check the mail box again at 5pm there is my mail, but no notice. Check online again and it still says it is out for delivery. I go to the local post office and she said she doesn't have it. Of course, when I called Canada Post, they were closed. ::) SO, Friday morning I check online again and it said that the package was brought back to the post office for carded pick up. And it said there was a notice left at our house. THERE WAS NO NOTICE AT OUR DOOR. So, I go to the post office, explain to the nice lady there what has happened. She looks and she NOW has the package. So I get my package. She told me to call and complain. She said obviously someone isn't doing there job because they are lazy. SO, I did. I called the 1800 number and complained. After I had my package I stopped by the mailbox, still no mail for Friday. This is around 10am. When I got my mail at 5pm, there was a notice. A day late and dollar short.

SO, this morning at 7:30 someone from the post office called me. She said she was calling because I made a complaint. I explained to her why I complained- that I was supposed to have this package on THURSDAY. NOT FRIDAY. She said well after an attempt is made, we leave the card the next day. I said no, that isn't how it is done. In the past, I've always gotten the card the same day. And left on my door, not in my mail box. She said they don't leave them at the front door anymore because people dont' look at their front doors. I said that is an asinine excuse and someone wasn't doing their job. She was offended. I was mad. She made absolutely NO SENSE. If a package is to be delivered, the notices are to go on the FRONT DOOR or even in the MAILBOX- THAT DAY, not a day later- Am I wrong?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
We get our notice the day they made the attempt, the next day is stupid! And it usually says we can pick it up the next day after 1:00pm.

Our complaint is that the post office they assigned to us for pick-up is a 10 minute drive, when there is one under 5 minutes away! But they can't change it, because of our postal code routing.

Next time, I would suggest going with Purolator for an important package.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
That's pretty dumb!

We got a new mailman and he won't deliever our mail if the dogs are at the door because they "threaten his life"...

Abby: *holding ball in her mouth wagging her tail*
Molly: *paws up on front door whining and wagging tail*

...very threatening ::) maybe your post guy and mine have gotten together to piss us off

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I get mine the day of at the front door, aim

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
It's nice to see Canada Post and the US Postal Service share the same handbook. I cannot comprehend how our local post office works. I live approx 150 yards from the post office and I can't get house delivery. Okay ,I'm fine with that. I have a PO box and the lobby hours are from 6:00 am until 5:00PM M-F and 7:00 AM until 11:30AM Sat. So far so good,right? Here is the beauty of this. The lobby is never open at 6 it's rarely open by 7 and closes at 4:30. I leave for work and come home outside of those hours. I get nasty notes in my mail box that I must pick up my mail more often. I have submitted a formal complaint and nothing has happened as of yet(18 months).

I give up.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
We also get the notice on our door on the day of the attempted delivery for pick up on the next day (and this was just last Tuesday with Canada Post).

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Yup, we get our notice the day of attempted delivery. Sometimes on the front door, sometimes in the mailbox, but either way, the same day.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
The postman fills out the form and leaves it at my door the day of the delivery attempt. Canada Post is another bastion of...oh never mind, I'll get in trouble.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do believe that is how it is SUPPOSED to be done. But I think this lady was making excuses. She didn't like the fact that I filed a complaint. I don't know if she gets written up or whatever for each complaint filed against her. But it is pretty bad when another Canada Post employee tells you to complain.

It's nice to see Canada Post and the US Postal Service share the same handbook. I cannot comprehend how our local post office works. I live approx 150 yards from the post office and I can't get house delivery. Okay ,I'm fine with that. I have a PO box and the lobby hours are from 6:00 am until 5:00PM M-F and 7:00 AM until 11:30AM Sat. So far so good,right? Here is the beauty of this. The lobby is never open at 6 it's rarely open by 7 and closes at 4:30. I leave for work and come home outside of those hours. I get nasty notes in my mail box that I must pick up my mail more often. I have submitted a formal complaint and nothing has happened as of yet(18 months).
That is crazy! It must be nice to have a job where you can come and go as you please.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Aim said:
On Thursday, we were expecting a very important package. I can't stress enough how important this package was.
So WHAT WAS IN THE PACKAGE???? Enquiring minds need to know, and I can't believe I am the first to ask...

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Momma to J and A said:
Aim said:
On Thursday, we were expecting a very important package. I can't stress enough how important this package was.
So WHAT WAS IN THE PACKAGE???? Enquiring minds need to know, and I can't believe I am the first to ask...
A big fat check! LOL. It was money from some investments we made that finally came up. We just needed to transfer it to another account. But it was nerve wracking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts