Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Binghamton just turned 10 weeks today. We only had him for a week, and has been adjusting well. my question is our JRT and JRT mix have been taking him out of his crate and bed and taking over it. They try to sleep in it whenever I'm not looking. The thing is the crate was originally bought for Roxy our JRT mix, but she hated it and neither dog would use it. Now, that Binghamton is using it and loves his crate, they can't get enough of it. Can this be a dominant thing or a Territorial matter? (the crate was bought over a year ago)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks. Oh, and some pics of him (again) :D
Carrie

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Trickster said:
Neither. More of a case of 'I want what he has'. Nothing to worry about. ;)
Ditto. Peanut wouldn't touch nylabones before we brought Baloo home. I bought her a few but she would just sniff them and walk away. Now she steals his and chews on them like its going out of style. :D

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Agreed. Just the same thing with human siblings.. always wanting what the other one has. :happy: Obviously if it starts to get violent and things of that sort, then yeah, probably do something about it, but they should figure it out on their own for now. :happy:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all so much for the fast responses :happy:.

That's what I thought it was(I want what he has deal)! They play a lot with one another, bitey face and all so I just figured it may be that. I just needed confirmation of this. If it were the worst case scenario I wanted to nip it right away. I'm so glad I found JL :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I agree with what everyone else said. May I suggest getting two smaller crates for the other two dogs? Or, get a larger one for the Lab and letting the the other two share one? Crates are always a goodthing, they provide a 'safe place' or den for the dog.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AmazonGold said:
I agree with what everyone else said. May I suggest getting two smaller crates for the other two dogs? Or, get a larger one for the Lab and letting the the other two share one? Crates are always a goodthing, they provide a 'safe place' or den for the dog.
Oh, I'm going to try that. I was just going to buy them new beds and see what happens. But letting them keep the smaller crate and getting him a bigger one sounds really good. :happy:

Thanks for the idea ;)
Carrie

·
Registered
868 Posts
As the owner of a lab and a JRT, both 7 years old now, the JRT is going to take whatever bed she wants and it usually is the big bed. LOL. So if you get smaller crates for the JRT, don't expect it not to want the bigger crate. If Reba (Lab) gets the big bed first, she gets to keep it. But you are up a creek if Halle gets the big bed first and all that is left for Reba is the little bed. My house now has 3 large beds. And even then, one bed is 'prize'.

Don't feel too sorry for Reba. She is the hoarder of the toys.

Sad to say, but my two rarely share a bed. I love the pics of those that have dogs that cuddle together.

Your puppy is adorable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts