Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all had dentist appointments, and the boys had pediatric appointments today. What should have been a simple day turned into a very expensive one. :(

I have to have oral surgery next week - removing an(other) impacted wisdom tooth. Jake needs to have some baby teeth removed to make more room for permenant teeth (or something like that...Brandon wouldn't stop talking so I couldn't hear well), and that's next week also. Brandon had to have a set of x-rays since it has been a few years so that cost a bit. Brandon also has to have an ENT surgery next week (it's just to clip his tongue though). Woo hoo...a week for surgeries. :surprise:

Oh, the kiddos were also both put on daily allergy meds. The meds are OTC now and expensive. 5 pills were $7, and we need 14 every week. :whatever: Our prescription plan is awesome - probably wouldn't have cost more than $1-2 for an entire month. :( I'm going to call the pedi back and see if we can find a prescription for the boys. It makes no sense to pay $80+/mo for OTC meds when we can get them cheap through prescription (if its an option).

I knew about the impacted wisdom tooth, but the others...just found out about them today (I knew about Brandon's tongue but didn't realize the pedi would recommend visiting an ENT so soon). :hurt:

Oh...and we also had vision appointments. Our eye doctor had a heart attack last night! She tried calling, but she had Jason's cell phone number and he was sleeping (worked nights last night). The doctor is okay though, thank goodness.

It was just an all around bad day, and the thunderstorms we had to run in and drive in didn't help matters any either (but it did clear up and was beautiful when we got home). I'm afraid to venture out anymore today though...lol

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Ick. That sucks!! :(

I can sympathize about your wisdom tooth, though. I had all four of mine taken out at the same time, all were impacted and two of them were angled towards my other molars, so they had to come out. I ended up with a dry socket, which was the most excruciating pain I've been in, outside of my appendix.. hurt even worse than a root canal!!! :wounded:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kal3idoscope said:
Ick. That sucks!! :(

I can sympathize about your wisdom tooth, though. I had all four of mine taken out at the same time, all were impacted and two of them were angled towards my other molars, so they had to come out. I ended up with a dry socket, which was the most excruciating pain I've been in, outside of my appendix.. hurt even worse than a root canal!!! :wounded:
Yeah, I had the top ones taken out last year. Not fun. They said the bottom ones looked fine on the x-ray, but apparently something happened in the past year. I'm more worried about Jake's surgery though. I hate my babies having stuff done to them like that. :(

I gave Jake his allergy meds, and he fell asleep at school! Eek. His teacher came to talk to me, said he had been falling asleep while writing sentences, and I let him come into our classroom. He took about a 45 minute nap, and he was still drowsy the rest of the day. He slept for 11 hours last night too. :no: I guess it's a lesson learned - take allergy pill at bedtime! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.