Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beside the "National Do Not Call" Registry Is that the only one?

I registered our house number a while ago and the calls stopped and now just the past few weeks we have been getting those stuiped calls again I went to the Do Not Call website and you can complaint about a
number so I typed in the number and it's telling me "number wrong"
I would just like them to stop calling me.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
try this it is the new website. I know when I googled a bunch of other stuff came up first.

Remember if you sign up for a contest and other stuff you are giving them permission to call and usually to sell your number so watch out for things you sign up for. My SIL had a habit of using my parents ph number and doing that boy did they put a stop to it quickly.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I know the one here has a time limit of 5 years so every 5 years you have to add your number again or you will start getting calls again. How long has it been?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
We kept getting the 'survey' calls that were technically not sales calls, so we complained, but we also made our number unlisted, and all that nonsense has finally stopped.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Karon for the link.

I registered my number about 6 months ago.

and I don't like to give my number out. My number is unlisted,So I shouldn't get the calls I pay alittle more for that , I guess I'll have to call them.

It's the 'survey' calls it's the computer calls, I just pick up the phone and hang up. I know it's the computer cos we get the calls around the sametime.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
It's the 'survey' calls it's the computer calls, I just pick up the phone and hang up. I know it's the computer cos we get the calls around the sametime.
I can't stand these thing especially the computer calls we get them at work all the time.
When I was living at home yet and working 2nd shift we got a call every morning between 8-9am I was still sleeping it made me so mad because they woke me up every morning.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
azlab said:
Remember if you sign up for a contest and other stuff you are giving them permission to call and usually to sell your number so watch out for things you sign up for.
Also, companies that you do business with (credit cards for example) have a right to use your number for other partner businesses. For example, we use H&R for taxes but they call us all the time for mortgages. ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts