Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new job for the past few weeks, and in our school paper yesterday there was an ad for a doggie daycare looking for an assistant.

I called the number listed and the secretary asked if I could send her a resume with what qualities I believed qualified me for the job, my work and school info etc. I sent that yesterday at around 4:30 pm. I got an e-mail back today around 10am saying my document was not able to be opened so I sent it in a different format when I got home from school at 11am. I got a call on my cell phone at 12:15 from the manager who wants me to call her back asap for a phone interview!! I'm so nervous, I've never had an interview that fast even if it just a phone interview.

I'm finishing up my lunch now and then I plan to call her back. I'm not sure if I'm more nervous or excited!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh you'll get it, Stace! But good thoughts/vibes/prayers anyway!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, that was easy! I just got off the phone with the daycare manager and she loved how positive I am, and of course didn't mind my 3 goobers barking in the background (haha!) They aren't looking for anybody to work every day...just Wednesday and Thursday (with possible Saturdays), but I'm still going to go out and see what it's all about. She asked me to come out tomorrow to meet face to face and so I can interact with the dogs. If it's really not what I'm looking for or it's not enjoyable then obviously I won't do it.

She said the pay sucks (and it does). They start at $7.25 an hour, but since I typically don't work Wednesday and usually not Thursday at my current job it would be nice to have some extra $$, plus it will be something I really enjoy with the potential to bring 1 or 2 of my girls to work with me. :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
This sounds like a job where the perks are worth accepting a low hourly pay. If you can take a few dogs with you that would be so great, plus they might give you free daycare on top of that on other days!

Of course, they'll give you a raise after they see how great you are :)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Julie, that's what I was thinking! Plus they are associated with a pet store (that sells food, toys, etc..) and a 24 hour emergency clinic (the best in the area) so it would be worth it to have perks associated with both of those!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.