Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I get to Papillon Puppy sit for the four littermates. Four boys, one girl.
The boy I previously posted is likely now NOT the pic pup but I will have 4 hours to work and play with them and make the pick but the breeder is 95% that the other boy is now the right one.

I will got OODLES of pics!! Wednesday they all go into a nursing home for a therapy visit and then to a professional photo shoot! Sadly, I still have 3 weeks before the little bugger comes home.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
the wait is awful isnt it!! I remember how long it took to find a breeder in the area and then wait for the pups. First seen Harvey at 3 weeks, then again at 5 and had to wait til 8 weeks before i could take him home. I was like a new mum waiting to give birth the whole time - friends actually sent me 'its a boy' cards lol!
I hope you have a great day with them all tomorrow and look forward to seeing the pics.
bernie x

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the wait is awful isnt it!! I remember how long it took to find a breeder in the area and then wait for the pups. First seen Harvey at 3 weeks, then again at 5 and had to wait til 8 weeks before i could take him home. I was like a new mum waiting to give birth the whole time - friends actually sent me 'its a boy' cards lol!
I hope you have a great day with them all tomorrow and look forward to seeing the pics.
bernie x
TRY WAITING UNTIL 12 WEEKS LOL

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i dont think i could have done that!! Is 12 weeks the norm in the US? It is only 8 here in the UK but i always think that is a little too young, but Harvey thrived and only cried for 2 days, we did have a blanket with his mums scent on so that may have helped.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont think i could have done that!! Is 12 weeks the norm in the US? It is only 8 here in the UK but i always think that is a little too young, but Harvey thrived and only cried for 2 days, we did have a blanket with his mums scent on so that may have helped.
Toy breeds the norm is 10-12 weeks. They are much slower to develop. When I went to see them at 5 weeks I was amazed at how differently they compared to Lab pups at 5 weeks. They seemed almost 1.5-2 weeks behind. I know my litter was almost fully weaned by 4 weeks. By 3 weeks mom really had little more to do with them but maybe 3 nursings. The Pap pups are 8 weeks and JUST stopped nursing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.