Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get into my school's blackboard site so I can take an exam. This is a site I am able to log into every day. However, when I tried yesterday and today I get a 'page cannot be displayed message.' I tried using firefox and it says that the school's server is taking too long to respond to the request. My friend is able to get it on her laptop and I was able to get it other places yesterday, just not here. I cleaned browser history, cache, restarted pc and still nothing. Any ideas????

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Sounds like user error . lol just messin with ya .

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
do you have a wireless router? if so, try rebooting the router. also reboot the modem.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I. Hate. Blackboard!!!! I really don't have any advice, can't stand it when I have blackboard stuff to do at home! There's a facebook app where you can sync BB with your facebook, and I did that so I can access important stuff.

Have you tried typing the direct web address instead of using the school portal? When I can't get on through school I type the page it takes me to so if your school website was jl.edu it would be---> https://bbweb.jl.edu

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Agree with Jinx - even if you aren't using the wireless for it. SU has to do that everyonce in a while when we can't figure anything else out and it usually works.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Have you tried typing the direct web address instead of using the school portal? When I can't get on through school I type the page it takes me to...
Good idea, Stacey.
(We switched from BB to D2L a couple of years ago.)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I. Hate. Blackboard!!!! I really don't have any advice, can't stand it when I have blackboard stuff to do at home! There's a facebook app where you can sync BB with your facebook, and I did that so I can access important stuff.

Have you tried typing the direct web address instead of using the school portal? When I can't get on through school I type the page it takes me to so if your school website was jl.edu it would be---> https://bbweb.jl.edu
I did try that yesterday. Even had my friend send me a link. It didn't work.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have a wireless router? if so, try rebooting the router. also reboot the modem.
We just had a wireless router put in a couple days ago. I have been able to get in since then, though. How do I reboot it? Just unplug?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
We just had a wireless router put in a couple days ago. I have been able to get in since then, though. How do I reboot it? Just unplug?
just unplug it and plug it back in. give it a few minutes to come back up. i have to do that every once in awhile. my modem will show i'm online, but i still can't go to some addys. that usually does the trick.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

If its the same Blackboard stuff that I used back in my Uni days, perseverance is the key.
Blackboard is a mongrel to use and grumpier than an old dog on a frosty morning, but if you keep trying, you'll eventually get in and beable to get your work done (Hopefully).

Cheers,

Pottsie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts