Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to put her in her crate for butt tucking around the kitchen table!

Do they just not feel pain or what? :eek: :rolleyes:

Poor thing has had no excercise but walking around the yard for three days.

11 more to go :( wish me luck.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
They don't have muscles like we do in the abdomen, so they don't hurt like we do after a surgery. That's why it's so important to keep them quiet, because they don't realize they can hurt themselves or tear out stitches.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't have muscles like we do in the abdomen, so they don't hurt like we do after a surgery. That's why it's so important to keep them quiet, because they don't realize they can hurt themselves or tear out stitches.

Aahhh, explains alot! Shes been so good so far. Just a fleeting moment of insanity (lets hope)!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I remember that being the longest 14 days of my life! =) Piper was down for the count for about 24 hours after the surgery. After that? She was on a mission to do damage!

Just do the best you can! Good luck!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Aww poor girl's getting antsy. Just think of all the energy she can build up during her recovery period. ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I remember the vet tech breaking out in hysterics when she tried to tell me to keep Jack quiet for two weeks when he was released after surgery. She got as far as Its really impor before she started laughing. After she regained her composure she said it was next to impossible to keep a Lab quiet for that long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts