Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Gail again, from Purina. She said they buy their products from the US, but she did say " I can't say for certain, but I know we have imported products when the demand is high & the supply is not available in the US." She would not say that Purina did not import from China. She said she wasn't sure but the food is made in plants in the US & they mostly buy from places in the US.
She was very nice but still not totally satisfied with the answers. :(
There is corn gluten meal in the ProPlan I feed my girls.
I am tired of being scared every time I feed the girls. She also said my phone call was the first concerning corn gluten. She said all the calls this week have been about rice protein concentrate.
She also said if the expiration date is 2008 then they know that product was made in 2006. There is a two year expiration date on thier products.

I am praying this will end soon.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Yeah, honestly, I don't think that would satisfy me either. :-\ This is all so frightening and frustrating.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Yes it IS scarey....... I think about it, everytime I feed them and wonder if this food is ok or not...... I feed the Chicken Soup by Diamond. It does have some corn in it, but no wheat or rice..... but still, you never know what's going to be found next !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
WTF??? I'm just about ready to throw out ALL of my puppy's food---Pro Plan, biscuits, treats, bully sticks----and start feeding her food that I GROW MYSELF. Now if only I actually DID have a garden! This is beyond ridiculous!! I don't know what's safe anymore and what isn't. I'm so pissed.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Copied this from another forum; for what it's worth:

Quote:

RE: List of Pet Food Manufacturers in Utah, NY, Kansas, and Missouri

The latest update today (April 19) indicates that the 5 manufacturers that purchased from Wilbur-Ellis are in Utah, NY, Kansas, and Missouri (2).

Besides Natural Balance, none of the other manufacturers are coming forward, so I did some searching around on the internet, and found the following list of pet food manufactuers in these named states from the Pet Food Institute’s Active Members list (they are makers of dry, canned, and semi-moist dog and cat foods and treats for dogs and cats). I'm not suggesting that is a comprehensive list. But at least it's a start.

UTAH:
American Nutrition, Inc.
P.O. Box 1405
2813 Wall Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone: (801)394-3477

NY:
Chenango Valley Pet Foods
P.O. Box 720
8 West State Street
Sherburne, NY 13460
Phone: (607)674-2121

Eight In One Pet Products, Inc
2100 Pacific Street
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Phone: (516)232-1200

KANSAS:
Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. (claims their rice protein not sourced by Wilbur-Ellis)
P.O. Box 148
Topeka, KS 66601
Phone: (785)368-8523

Natural Life Pet Products (already outted - Natural Balance)
1601 W. McKay
P.O. Box 943
Frontenac, KS 66763
Phone: (316)231-7711

MISSOURI:
Land O’Lakes Purina LLC
10380 Executive Hills Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64153
Phone: (816)459-6000

Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Checkerboard Square
St. Louis, MO 63164
Phone: (314)982-1000

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That would be for the Rice Protein recall. We now know that Blue Buffalo recalled Spa Select Kitten Dry Food, product code: ?Best Used By Mar. 07 08 B"and are the second one to be formally identified. 3 more to go...

Kelly and Amber

1 - 6 of 6 Posts