Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a few days ago about what I should make for two of my friends' birthdays..

Here is the cake I ended up making:

It didn't come out exactly how I wanted it, but it was alright.

It was a new recipe that I tried (no box mixes for me!) so next time I know what I need to change.

It was a moist dark chocolate cake (2 layers) with homemade buttercream frosting between the 2 layers and on the outside. Then on top of the frosting was a thick layer of chocolate ganache. :D

I'm not too happy with the frosting.. I got one of those cans of frosting that has the different nozzles to add different effects and I couldn't get a good handle on it so my writing sucked.. I wanted to do it in white chocolate but I ran out of time.

Oh well. It tasted good and my friends were pretty impressed. :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Well I think it looks lovely and delicious! I'm sure your friends appreciated the time and thoughtt hat went into this!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
It looks good. And I bet it tasted even better.

If you don't like the can stuff (and I don't) either buy the tubes which are easier to use or I just bought a decorating tip and coupler. I just use zip-lock bags cut the corner off and drop the tip in. That way you use your own frosting. Works great and takes up very little storage space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts