Just Labradors banner

Cafeteria Guy gone in 1 week!

811 views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Bob Pr. 
#1 ·
What will I do for breakfast, darnit?! Lunch will be fine since I've been bringing for the last couple of weeks anyway, but breakfast! Eggs on the fly, the best bacon in the world, bagels, yummy yogurt parfaits, toasted flatbread sammiches, homemade muffins, apple turnovers.....oh, and the best hardrolls EVAH!
:(
*sigh*

I don't have time to make something at home, and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I wake up starving every morning. Cereal, yea, that will fill me up for about 1/2 hour....I could stop for a bagel...but that will get old.

I need ideas!!!

#6 ·
it's 2.45am & I've just finished a bowl of cornflakes.
3 o'clock in the morning and you're eating cereal?! You're worse than me! I have to eat every couple of hours, but I make an exception in the middle of the night (which is why I wake up starving!). :)

#8 ·
Well, you've kinda already shot down all the possibilities.

1. No time to make breakfast at home.
2. Stopping to get something will get old.
3. Yogurt, crackers, etc. are too snacky.
4. Cereal is not filling.

What's left?!

Toast and fruit?
Scramble an egg in the evening, warm it in a tortilla with some veggies in the morning?

Jason's breakfast almost every morning is a bowl of oatmeal and a peanut butter sandwich.

#10 ·
What's left?!

Toast and fruit?
Scramble an egg in the evening, warm it in a tortilla with some veggies in the morning?

Jason's breakfast almost every morning is a bowl of oatmeal and a peanut butter sandwich.
PB sandwich for breakfast? I can do that! :) I love your egg idea too! This is why I'm asking here.
:)

#14 ·
Colin, why does that MAKE YOU SICK? :D
Bad management allowing it to happen !

IF this office was in the Private Sector they would get a formal warning ! WE have a breakout area ! How unprofessional to eat breakfast at your desk !

IT's like a cafeteria.

OK - I'm touchy I admit it !

#13 ·
Yea, oatmeal is good since we have hot/cold water cooler here. Microwave eggs, yes! We used to make those for customers when I worked at the General Store. Another good one!

#16 ·
I will make a batch of breakfast tortillas, and freeze them.

Make scrambled eggs and add cheese, sausage, onion, mushrooms, salsa, whatever you like. Roll in tortillas. Package individually and freeze. Take one out the night before to thaw, then heat in microwave and eat on your way to work. Or, take it out in the morning and heat at work. You can make them small or large.

Yummy!

#17 ·
More great ideas! Yes, I HAVE to have a real breakfast to get me going. :)

Colin, you would hate working with me then. I eat all my meals at my desk. I don't see anything wrong with it. I keep things very clean. :)

#21 ·
Two words for ya, Amy- Dunkin' Donuts! :p If you stick one of their breakfast sandwuches in an soft sided lunch box, I bet ya it would stay warm until you got to work (or keep a roll of foil in your car to wrap it in).

if you HAVE to have a breakfast type meal; jimmy dean makes an awesome breakfast bowl. i get the "low fat/cal" one which is scrambled eggs, potatoes and scrambled turkey sausage with cheese. I love em! microwave and in 2 mintues you have breakfast!
Those things are awesome!

#22 ·
I make 5 hard boiled or soft boiled eggs on Sunday...and they last all week.
If soft boiled, I take a little contained into which to scoop it.

If you like sausages, then little smokies microwave nicely.

P/J sandwich, like some suggested.

I also do instant oatmeal w/some cranraisins thrown in

#25 ·
I make egg salad up at the beginning of the week and cook a pound of bacon. Then in the mornings I toast my bread and nuke the bacon to warm it for about 30 seconds. Have egg salad with bacon on toast most mornings.

I also love chex mix but without the pretzel and peanuts. So sometimes I make a batch with justthe cereal and the sauce and bake it and will eat it as a snack or for breakfast at my desk.

I also sometimes make muffins on Sunday and have them.

My SIL puts eggs in her muffin pan and bakes them then reheats them at work and buys a bagel.

#27 ·
Make a batch of Steel Cut Oats (oatmeal) in advance in the evening and, when cooked, divide into individual servings and refrigerate.

In the morning, add a bit of water to a SCO serving, an appropriate small amount of 5 minute rolled/flaked oatmeal, and nuke in the microwave to reheat. Before the reheat, you can also add dried fruit (bananas, cranberries, blueberries, apricots, prunes, mangos, etc.) as suits your taste. Use skim milk or yogurt as you prefer.

I guarantee, SCOs stay with you and reduce hunger pangs for hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.