1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
lmao , come have a sip with me den .

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
cant drink with us low lifes huh ? thats cool .

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I'm only a backyard psychologist but I seriously believe that girl's schizophrenic. Her personality swings between consecutive posts, look as if they're written by 2 different people - a real Jekyll & Hyde. She seems to lack all feeling for anyone but herself. The thought of her becoming a doctor in a hospital scares the hell out of me. If she can't deal with criticism on the net, how the hell is she going to handle it from her peers or patients in real life? I'll admit that some of the criticism got personal but it's ONLY the internet for god's sake! If something or someone on a site consistently offends or upsets you, then don't go back to that site. It's as simple as that. Not as easy in the real world where you have to deal with people to their face. I mean seriously Cadey, What if you're in a hospital & a patient tells you you're a crap or incompetent doctor? What are you going to do? Unplug their life support?

I'm not having a personal dig at you cadey - just casual observations from someone on the other side of the planet. I just wish you'd learn some decent "people skills" & learn how to deal with things differently. If you can't learn to laugh at others & more importantly, yourself, then I'm afraid there's not much hope for you surviving out there in the real world.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Your suggestion about removing the tags sucked. You thought you were being singled out before, you weren't but now you are. I can't wait to get to know you. Congradulations on Being the New JL TATTLE TAIL.
I can stand up for my actions,not like those who hide and spew hateful comments via tags.

I PM'd Daniel and told him if he cant block certain words then tags should be removed.

So if you want to single me out Denny ... I am right here

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
bearsdad said
I can stand up for my actions,not like those who hide and spew hateful comments via tags.
I PM'd Daniel and told him if he cant block certain words then tags should be removed.
I also did much the same thing for the same reason -- I sent a copy of the tags being posted to Daniel and questioned their appropriateness.

Almost none on O&O were used for their intended purpose; 99% were used to make anonymous comments -- some were funny, many were digs, but some (e.g., ***, ******) were completely inappropriate and malicious, IMO

My hunch is that a number of people in addition to us 3 also e-mailed or PM'ed Daniel for similar reasons.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

No you weren't constantly saying you were being singled out She wanted to be noticed for being singled out so I'm giving her all the recognition. For the record I didn't put in the *** tags. I don't know if your gay or not but if you are more power to you.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bearsdad said

I also did much the same thing for the same reason -- I sent a copy of the tags being posted to Daniel and questioned their appropriateness.

Almost none on O&O were used for their intended purpose; 99% were used to make anonymous comments -- some were funny, many were digs, but some (e.g., ***, ******) were completely inappropriate and malicious, IMO

Well bob this has been a self moderated board for a while and I hate to think JL is turning to a Nanny state.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'm only a backyard psychologist but I seriously believe that girl's schizophrenic. Her personality swings between consecutive posts, look as if they're written by 2 different people - a real Jekyll & Hyde. She seems to lack all feeling for anyone but herself. The thought of her becoming a doctor in a hospital scares the hell out of me. If she can't deal with criticism on the net, how the hell is she going to handle it from her peers or patients in real life? I'll admit that some of the criticism got personal but it's ONLY the internet for god's sake! If something or someone on a site consistently offends or upsets you, then don't go back to that site. It's as simple as that. Not as easy in the real world where you have to deal with people to their face. I mean seriously Cadey, What if you're in a hospital & a patient tells you you're a crap or incompetent doctor? What are you going to do? Unplug their life support?

I'm not having a personal dig at you cadey - just casual observations from someone on the other side of the planet. I just wish you'd learn some decent "people skills" & learn how to deal with things differently. If you can't learn to laugh at others & more importantly, yourself, then I'm afraid there's not much hope for you surviving out there in the real world.
If this is only the internet then why are you getting so worked up and passing judgement on someone you have never met personally? I think that calling someone schizophrenic and saying that they cannot care for anyone but themselves is incredibly personal! Read some of those things you just said...those are terrible and hurtful things to say :(

I have spent my whole life working with people....volunteering with organizations to help others, working with volunteer medical groups, dealing with women who are victims of rape and domestic violence, and healing people. How can you say someone who has devoted their lives to helping others has no people skills and doesn't care about others? Based on your limited and biased interactions? The fact that I am a sensitive person makes me only more in tune to patient's needs, and trust me, I wouldn't have my medical degree if I couldn't survive in the real world.

But to say those things is very shallow on your part and a reflection of you as a person.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Denny said:
Well bob this has been a self moderated board for a while and I hate to think JL is turning to a Nanny state.
If the option to anonymously post obscene, derogatory, or teasing tags is removed, does that transform this into a Nanny state?

Having some rules of behavior doesn't make a Nanny state, IMO.

I also e-mailed Daniel to give him copies of all the pirate posts that were infesting JL. They've disappeared. Did self-moderation accomplish that? Does whatever steps Daniel took to eliminate them push us closer to being a Nanny state?

Sorry you've apparently gotten so much enjoyment in anonymously posting tags; hope you can find some other value in using the JL forum.

ETA: BTW, I looked at your Profile and Past Posts and see you've ONLY posted in O&E (or occasionally in Testing to check on something you wanted to post in O&E). Do you even HAVE a Lab or are you just using O&E as your recess playground and enjoying participating in, provoking the drama with others?

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
If this is only the internet then why are you getting so worked up and passing judgement on someone you have never met personally? I think that calling someone schizophrenic and saying that they cannot care for anyone but themselves is incredibly personal! Read some of those things you just said...those are terrible and hurtful things to say :(

I have spent my whole life working with people....volunteering with organizations to help others, working with volunteer medical groups, dealing with women who are victims of rape and domestic violence, and healing people. How can you say someone who has devoted their lives to helping others has no people skills and doesn't care about others? Based on your limited and biased interactions? The fact that I am a sensitive person makes me only more in tune to patient's needs, and trust me, I wouldn't have my medical degree if I couldn't survive in the real world.

But to say those things is very shallow on your part and a reflection of you as a person.
There you go, spouting your CV all over the place again. You behave like you're the only person in the world who's ever graduated from med school. You may remember the guy who owns this site is a doctor. As you're well aware, there's plenty of other professionals on this forum who don't rave on about their qualifications & there's plenty of others here who would never admit to having a degree because they're too modest. How do you know we don't have a heart or brain surgeon amongst us?

You know NOTHING about me Nor will you because I don't have a habit of advertising my achievements all over the net. However, I will tell you this:

My Grandmother died of heart disease when I was 16. My Mother & I spent every spare minute we could with her, looking after her & just generally doing whatever we could to make her life more comfortable until she died. After she came out of hospital after her 1st heart attack, we had her living with us for about 3 months until she was well enough to return home but we still went over there every night to check on her & stayed with her the weekends to help her out.

My Great Aunt Died from MND (you should know about that) when I was about 22. My Mother & I rented out our house & went & lived with her to help her out until she succumbed to that hellish disease.

About 15 years ago,my Mother got seriously ill from heart disease, CORD, double pneumonia & another infection that she contracted in the hospital that nearly killed her. I was ringing around our friends telling them to expect the worst. It was only by some miracle that she survived. I spent the rest of her life looking after her until she passed away 18 months ago. In the time between her getting ill the first time & passing away, she had the problems of asthma, heart problems, CORD, loss of balance, type 2 diabetes, scoliosis, ostio arthritis, & a host of other illnesses that I can't be bothered listing. The only positive side to all of this is that the 3 of them kept their faculties, their intelligence & SOH right up to the end. My Mother was joking with me just a few hours before she died & if I knew that would be the last time I ever saw her alive, I'd never had left that bloody hospital because I never got that last chance to say goodbye & that is something that eats me up to this day. If you want to have a pity party, BRING IT ON!

You want to know about my good work in the community? Besides looking after people until they die? I have (& still do) donate hundreds of dollars/year to help our war vets & support the clubs my Mother belonged to & the people who were so good to her. I'm always doing something to help my neighbours usually on a daily basis without fanfare. I'm not going to tell you anymore. I've told you too much personal stuff about me already & it hurts like hell to re-live it by typing it out like this so, DON'T YOU EFFING DARE IMPLY THAT YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER HELPS PEOPLE!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Denny, I also asked Daniel to remove the tags. Get your panties out of your rectum and quit your whining. It makes you less pretty. And besides, if O&O doesn't suit you I'm sure there's a butterfly board somewhere that needs an adorable little imp. ;)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
There you go, spouting your CV all over the place again. You behave like you're the only person in the world who's ever graduated from med school. You may remember the guy who owns this site is a doctor. As you're well aware, there's plenty of other professionals on this forum who don't rave on about their qualifications & there's plenty of others here who would never admit to having a degree because they're too modest. How do you know we don't have a heart or brain surgeon amongst us?

You know NOTHING about me Nor will you because I don't have a habit of advertising my achievements all over the net. However, I will tell you this:

My Grandmother died of heart disease when I was 16. My Mother & I spent every spare minute we could with her, looking after her & just generally doing whatever we could to make her life more comfortable until she died. After she came out of hospital after her 1st heart attack, we had her living with us for about 3 months until she was well enough to return home but we still went over there every night to check on her & stayed with her the weekends to help her out.

My Great Aunt Died from MND (you should know about that) when I was about 22. My Mother & I rented out our house & went & lived with her to help her out until she succumbed to that hellish disease.

About 15 years ago,my Mother got seriously ill from heart disease, CORD, double pneumonia & another infection that she contracted in the hospital that nearly killed her. I was ringing around our friends telling them to expect the worst. It was only by some miracle that she survived. I spent the rest of her life looking after her until she passed away 18 months ago. In the time between her getting ill the first time & passing away, she had the problems of asthma, heart problems, CORD, loss of balance, type 2 diabetes, scoliosis, ostio arthritis, & a host of other illnesses that I can't be bothered listing. The only positive side to all of this is that the 3 of them kept their faculties, their intelligence & SOH right up to the end. My Mother was joking with me just a few hours before she died & if I knew that would be the last time I ever saw her alive, I'd never had left that bloody hospital because I never got that last chance to say goodbye & that is something that eats me up to this day. If you want to have a pity party, BRING IT ON!

You want to know about my good work in the community? Besides looking after people until they die? I have (& still do) donate hundreds of dollars/year to help our war vets & support the clubs my Mother belonged to & the people who were so good to her. I'm always doing something to help my neighbours usually on a daily basis without fanfare. I'm not going to tell you anymore. I've told you too much personal stuff about me already & it hurts like hell to re-live it by typing it out like this so, DON'T YOU EFFING DARE IMPLY THAT YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER HELPS PEOPLE!
Hmm...don't recall ever implying that was the case, but read into it what you will. Its obvious no matter what I say, you are going to try and beat it down.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Hmm...don't recall ever implying that was the case, but read into it what you will. Its obvious no matter what I say, you are going to try and beat it down.
Wow- all you have done is imply!! You really only see how things effect you! I wonder how you will do in the real world:rolleyes: Hey you might want to play nice with the nurses and not hold your self to high on that pedestal, you in all likely hood will get knock on your arse!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts