Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I hook up with Comcast Cable for my internet, do I still need my internet service provider (Earthlink?).

Does Comcast offer virus protection with it's service (Earthlink does).

I'm on dialup and trying to negotiate with Comcast now to bring the cable down my road (according to their website they DO service my area).

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Nope, you don't need Earthlink. Comcast would be the internet service provider and you would get your own email address, etc from Comcast. It says on their website that you get the McAfee Security Suite, but I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

We have Comcast internet and I haven't had any issues with it.. I have one of the faster versions, but the "economy" version of it is still considerably faster than dialup. :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw on the website that McAfee is included, which would make the total package a little less than what I'm currently paying for Earthlink and Trend Micro.

I'm going to call them this week. According to the website I have access. I know the cable is down on the highway, but my house sits about 1/4 of a mile back off the road, and they would have to bring it to my house. That is the real question. Will they???

I would SO love to get off dialup.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I have Cox not Comcast but my antivirus comes with it and they are always up to the minute.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts