Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meanwhile, my St. Mary's Gaels upset (2) Villanova.

2500 undergrads and a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen. Go Gaels!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
My bracket is beyond busted, but what great games today!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The St. Mary's game was awesome! Go Gaels!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Woo hoo! The Cats are on their way to Syracuse!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am a lifelong Kansas fan but having lived in the Wichita, KS area for the past 20 years I have become a Wichita State fan too. WSU lost 3 times in very competitive games to Northern Iowa. So yeah bad to see Kansas go but glad Northern Iowa was the one to beat them. These guys are so well coached. They all know their roles. Yes the other team will almost always have the better athletes, WSU did, but 8 or 9 players playing as ONE for one common goal will always be a winner. Remember Princeton beating the mighty UCLA several years ago? Now the question is how does Northern Iowa keep their coach when the big boys with big money come a callin'? Unfortunately he will take the money and run. Who wouldn't take a job that would increase income by double or triple? Basketball is the only money generator for the Northern Iowa athletic dept. No football, no baseball. WSU has no football but baseball has success.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Woo hoo! The Cats are on their way to Syracuse!
Watching these last two games is like a flashback to 1996. Considering how they squandered big leads all year long, I was happy, and surprised, to see their margin of victory over the past two games averaging 29.5 points. Last night, I just kept expecting them to let up and Aminu start knocking down shots. I'm starting to get that feeling that this might be their year. I can't wait to see how they play against better competition. Their next two games will go a long way towards telling us if they have what it takes.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
This morning, about 2/3rds of the choir @ the cathedral were down in the mouth (KU Jayhawk followers/alums) and 1/3rd were upbeat (KSU Wildcat supporters/alums).

Sherron Collins has usually put the KU team on his back and carried them all year. Whether you say he didn't, or that he did yesterday, either way you'd be correct.

The only bright side to the loss is that if Cole Aldridge (Jr) and Xavier Henry (Fr) are so disappointed in not going further in the tourney or winning a national championship that they decide to stay -- then KU BB would have an even better team next year than this because they are really loaded and have some really good players red-shirted this year who'll come online next year. Even without Cole and X, KU will still be great. But with those 2, they'd be awesome.

Now it's up to KSU, Baylor, Texas A&M, and Mizzou to uphold the honor of the Big 12 and most of us Jayhawkers will be rooting for them.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Meanwhile, my St. Mary's Gaels upset (2) Villanova.

2500 undergrads and a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen. Go Gaels!
What years did you attend? Someone I used to work with is an alumni.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What years did you attend? Someone I used to work with is an alumni.
I'm old. I got out in '87. Somehow it's been 23 years, which doesn't seem possible.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You were a freshman the year after I graduated - I guess I am "older" lol

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts