Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a mostly sucky rainy day yesterday, but right around 4:30PM last night, the sun came out and it was BEAUTIFUL. So I packed up Drake, Rider and Rook to go to the pond for some swimming. Well, I fully anticipated Rider and Drake to swim, and Rookie to run back and forth along the shore like he has been doing. I got a very happy surprise. Rook took to the water and actually retrieved the duck a number of times. :D

He did watch the older boys intensely at first and then he was like...MY TURN! Of course, I brought the camera. ;)

Here's Rider doing what he does best...

and Drake looking like a crocodile...

and Rookie wading in the water waiting for Drake to come back with the duck...(that was usually all the farther he would go)

and here he goes!!! (maybe dock diving is in his future?)

getting out with big brother...

and the retrieve...

and big brother trying to steal his duck...

and Rookie trying to steal Rider's duck...

Drake and Rookie looking at some geese that had just landed nearby...

a tired Drake..

Rookie was tired here...he sat down and stopped going into the water...

and the brothers afterwards at Drake's house before it started to rain again...

oh! and here is a picture of Rider's birthday cake from Tuesday...

and a picture of Drake who was like...CUT THE DANG CAKE!

Hope you enjoyed...it was fun watching Rookie get into the water and stuff. I am so geeked now...got's 2 water dogs. :D

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
OMG!!! He is so stinkin cute! I love the "airborn" picture with his back paws and ears in the air. And him climbing out of the water is my second favorite, but I love the two tired pup ones. So many great pictures! ;D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
How cool, Dani! ;D Rookie sure is quick to pick up on what big bro Rider does. I hope one day to let Buddy watch some Labs retrieve, and see if he gets the hang of it.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
what great pics!
rookie is getting so big!
2 water dogs = double the fun! how exciting!

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
It looks like dock diving is in Rookie's future! I love that first shot of Rider. Has he lost a little weight? He looks really good.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Those are AWESOME shots! :) I love the airborn shot of Rook and Rider's expression like, "don't you dare land on my head!" ;D The one of Drake looking like a crocodile is soo cute!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
YAY!!!! Love the pic of him in mid air jumping in. Excellent!! ;D

B

·
0 Posts
great pictures of beautiful labs. thanks for posting them. rookie is a real cutie.

S

·
0 Posts
You got some great pictures there. "And here he goes" - that's priceless.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Dani - those are great pictures! Rookie did great and looks like he really loves his big brother. Rider will teach him so much - what a great pair!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Great pics; so glad Rooks doing good following his big brother! (luv the dock jumping one!)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Awesome Dani!!

I love the pic of Rookie jumping in!! Golly, he's getting big!! :D

I didn't show Henery the picture of Rider's cake... he would be sooo envious! Share the recipe??

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Those are great pics. :D I love the one of Rookie jumping into the water. It's so cool that he's learning from his big brother. He's getting big, too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts