Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you buy new toys for your dog(s)??

We took Larry to my house this weekend and he pulled out practically every toy Tess and Emma have. He was busting out the Halloween Witch and the Christmas Tree and everything.

I hadn't realized it, but we haven't bought him a new toy in a long time! He's so tired of all of his toys that he doesn't pay them any attention (not unlike Tess and Emma and their toys).

Oops! :-[ Guess we're making a trip to Petsmart this week, huh?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
My dogs don't destroy toys very often, and as such have a HUGE collection. What I do is put some out for awhile, and then put them away and get others out. They think they've got something new :) It keeps them interested in the older toys a lot longer :)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Around here we do what Linda just said...plus we're always buying them new stuffs :p

Perhaps Larry can have a swap session with Tess and Emma that way they're getting "new" toys and nobody has to spend money!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Cinnamon destuffs but she always has the outside material around that she plays with. She gets new toys on a regular bases because her grandma spoils her and everytime she goes to the base shopping (my dad is retired AF) she gets a new toy.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea to swap them out. We might have to start doing that. Poor guy, wonder if he'll know he's being tricked? haha

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dexter can decimate a new stuffed toy in a matter of minutes. Do you suppose if I bought a whole bunch at once he would be so distracted that he would actually play with the toys instead of killing them? I feel bad that the toys never last long enough for him to really have fun with them.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
raian said:
My dogs don't destroy toys very often, and as such have a HUGE collection...
**** was like that, too. As a result, he ended up with well over 100 toys. Caleb has inherited most of them. I don't rotate them, tho. **** would do that on his own, and now Caleb is doing the same thing. That said, I still buy a new toy at least once a month- just because.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I was just thinking we need to buy the boys something new. :) That's on my list for today!

They haven't gotten anything new since Christmas. :-[

I'm planning on one or two new Fleece tug toys, couple of Nylabones, and whatever Kong toy looks good. :) Oh, I also need to replace their Cuz. This was their favorite, and it finally lost its squeak. Kevin is very sad that I am replacing it. :D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh! Connie, for some reason your post reminded me about those fuzzy balls that they sell at Dollar Tree that people were talking about a while back. I think they were called sucky balls?

We might have to go get a few of those today. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts