Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just at the mall checking out the jewelry shops for wedding bands for him. He likes the tungsten kind. All the rings there were about 3-400.
I just checked online and you can buy the same ring for 25-100 bucks

The huge price difference has me worried!

Anyone bought online? Do you really get the same product for a fraction of the cost

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Don't know about online jewelry buying but I do think those tungsten rings, after they've been worn a while, look like something a guy reached into his mechanical toolbox and plucked out at the last minute to "make do". They look kind of like they've been wrapped up in an oily rag or something for years.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm I'll have to look into that.

He liked them for the fact that they are very scratch resistant, He works in auto body so durability is a must for him.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Don't know about online jewelry buying but I do think those tungsten rings, after they've been worn a while, look like something a guy reached into his mechanical toolbox and plucked out at the last minute to "make do". They look kind of like they've been wrapped up in an oily rag or something for years.
Actually a benefit of tungsten is that it doesn't scratch. I bought hubby a tungsten bracelet for our 5 year and he loves it. He is very hard on jewelry and it still looks brand new.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I've bought stuff from Blue Nile and been very happy with them. Prices are better but they certainly aren't 50-75% lower. I'd be pretty leery of that.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Just like with every other product - there are quality jewelry companies online and inferior ones. I would stay away from anything with that degree of discount - it is probably much lighter weight or even hollow.

Contrary to popular belief - selling online is not all that much cheaper for a retailer than having a store.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
We bought my engagement ring and our wedding rings from Blue Nile, and I've also bought some diamond earrings there. We were extremely happy with the quality, service, and price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts