Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so proud of my little sister! Her dream is to be able to make a living as an actor, and recently that has begun to happen. First she started getting roles in live performances for which she gets compensated, and now she has completed her first on-camera contracted role! It is a State Farm Insurance ad, and can be seen here:

http://www.stfarmony.com/ad1

You have to listen to the opening woman give her spiel, and then four couples appear. My sister is the "Heather" portion of Devin and Heather.

I am so proud! *glow*

Please check it out! (I'll forward comments to her :) )

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blacklabelias said:
I don't see Heather and Devin. There are 4 couples, but no Heather and Devin.
Hummm. They rotate the couple they profile. You might have to hit refresh and get it to load again. Oh, and you can skip the woman and her spiel by clicking "skip" in the upper right corner.

;D

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Wow. Ad spots can be hard to get. Good for her. The performing arts are not an easy way to make a living.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
She is ADORABLE...and I do not mean that in a condescending, dismissive way...the ad calls for her to be perky and adorable and she IS just that. Really repressive face, nice posture, good delivery. She really is convincing. I'd be proud too! :laugh: Totally believable.

B

·
0 Posts
Jenn your sister is GREAT!!!

How cool! And for State Farm too...that's a major national advertiser. What an awesome start!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for looking, guys. :)

She is trained as a theater actor (and is on tour now with a company), so it was very exciting to see her get an on-camera role!

;D

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
That was awesome!!!

Your sister did a great job :D

So...does she really have state farm insurance? lol

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AbbyandMolly said: