Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heh heh. not that kind gutter minds.

I was thinking it's just not right to have hotdogs in hamburger buns,
and hamburgers in hotdog buns, yet they're made the same, except different shapes.

Also, I wonder why they sell hotdogs in 10 to the pack, but the buns come 8 to a package. If I need to make 10 hotdogs in buns, I have to buy 16 buns!!

okay...so this may not be as thought provoking as Shanna's questions, but I was thinking about this since we just had hot dogs this past weekend.

(where is Shanna, anyway?)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I buy my dogs at the meat counter so I can buy as many as I want. when I get packaged, I get Oscar Mayer bun length - they come 8 to a pack!!

But I do see your point!

I like to eat tuna sandwiches in hot dog rolls...

G

·
zoesmom said:
heh heh. not that kind gutter minds.

I.

Also, I wonder why they sell hotdogs in 10 to the pack, but the buns come 8 to a package. If I need to make 10 hotdogs in buns, I have to buy 16 buns!!
Evil capitalists!!! It's on purpose.

And I was thinking of the other buns BTW.

I like lobsta on a hot dog bun.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never had a lobster roll...sounds good though.
Lobster/mayo?

G

·
zoesmom said:
Never had a lobster roll...sounds good though.
Lobster/mayo?
Yeah it is pretty simple - like a seafood salad on a bun - but it is most awesome. Not so readily available in NJ.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I buy a brand of local made hot dogs, really good, much better than any major brand and yes, 8 to a package. ;D

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Buy two packages of buns. With the remaining six buns, cut them up in cubes, season them to your liking, gently toast them, then feed them to the birdies. Or drop them on top of a hearty soup. Either way they won't go to waste. :)

Oh yes... leftover hot dog buns make for GREAT bread pudding or a sherry trifle.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Darn,
<starts to back out of thread>

and yes, I do squeeze the buns to see if they are fresh! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts