·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
somebody say howdy to me . :laugh:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I think the PBR has a minimum age, but I'm not sure. No maximum age though most retire in their 30's.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I think 18 is the minimum, and I think there is a 19 or 20 year old out there now that is doing well enough to get on the T.V. versions

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
There are a lot of 19 and 20 year olds in the PBR who are successful. Ryan Dirteater (is that a great name for a bull rider or what?) is one that comes to mind. JB Mauney is another.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
labby said:
Ryan Dirteater (is that a great name for a bull rider or what?)
That is flipping hillarious not to mention perfect!!!
I used to never miss PBR...haven't watched it in a couple years.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
It may be Dirteater I was thinking of, he was on the other night.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
labby said:
I think the PBR has a minimum age, but I'm not sure. No maximum age though most retire in their 30's.
The Cowboy Poet, Western comedian and former large animal vet, Baxter Black put it the best:

"I used to ride bulls, till my brains came in." :laugh:

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
storyteller said:
Are there any age limits on it ?
Coming in late on this one. As far as I know, you have to be 18 to compete professionally in any rodeo event (PRCA, PBR, CBR, etc). They were making a big deal about one of the calf ropers at the PRCA finals- he didn't turn 18 until half way through the season and still qualified for the finals. Same with one of the riders I saw Friday night at the CBR Finals. There are college and high school rodeo teams in the west, tho.

labby said:
Ryan Dirteater is 19 and part Cherokee from OK. I love his name.
Me, too, Laura. His smile ain't half bad either. LOL

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
MicksMom said:
There are college and high school rodeo teams in the west, tho.
We have both here, the HS finals are in Lincoln and brings in a lot of bussiness for us. Nice bunch a kids, don't have any problems with them when in town, not something I can say for all the BB and FB HS kids. ;)

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
labby said:
By retire do you mean the arthritis that has set in in each of the 453 fractures in their bones becomes too painful to handle?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Nick said:
labby said:
By retire do you mean the arthritis that has set in in each of the 453 fractures in their bones becomes too painful to handle?
Most often, it tis a rough sport, and one if ya don't win ya don't get paid. ;)

When I'm helping someone with boots and they have problems with a foot because of old injuries I ask them, "Horse, motorcycle or bull." Hit it most times. :laugh:

Got a kid here at work, claims to be a bull rider, they tell me he rode once and had his arm in a cast for about 3 months, but he did make his 8 seconds. :gum:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Nick said:
labby said:
That's about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts