Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was outside with the dogs this evening and I got ate alive. I itch SOOOOOOO bad. Inside my nose, my mouth, my chin, my skin, the only thing that dosnt seem to itch is my hair.. What can I do with the things I have from home. Its late and no place is open and walmart is to far for tonight (tomorrow morning I will go to walmart).
What will take the itch away?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mom just tore everything out of the RX thinggie in the kitchen and found benedryl pills. I took them and if nothing else it will make me fall asleep.

This one bite is welted to the size of a half dollar :eek:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Add a cup of baking soda to a warm, not hot, bath.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Bannana peel! The inside, starchy part of the peel is VERY soothing to bug bites! dont ask me how I know that lol! I have no idea, probably from a magazine or something, but I know firsthand it works.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apollopuppy said:
Bannana peel! The inside, starchy part of the peel is VERY soothing to bug bites! dont ask me how I know that lol! I have no idea, probably from a magazine or something, but I know firsthand it works.
If I wake up in the middle of the night itching I am gonna try that. We just got bannanas this morning!!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I didn't think it would work, but it did! Just dont go outside after rubbing bannana peel all over your body cuz then the bugs will try and bite you again! ;D But for when you are in the house, bannana peel (little pieces cut out and put over the offenting bites) is good. If I only have one bite, I'll cut a small square out of the peel and put in on the bite, then I'll put a band-aide over the peel. It keeps it right against the bite and then I dont have to walk aroudn holding a bannana peel to my leg. I just make sure to remove the bandaide and peel in less then an hour (dont want rotting peel against your leg! ;D) but if you have multiple bites, this might/might not be practical. you can just stick the peel on your leg and move it every couple minutes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you're going to bed, you can take SEVERAL benadryl tablets and be okay - but GO TO BED! If the swelling isn't significantly less in the morning, or if it seems to be a rash of any kind, you can call the doctor and they can give you a shot to help. Depending on how badly you got bitten/affected you may have to do that.

Good luck!!! There's NOTHING worse than itching/scratching in your sleep... which you will do and can make it worse!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Meat tenderizer is said to work, never tried it. pass the Benadryl, I escaped the hospital just in time, their detergent in their bedding and gowns started to get to me, should have had them give me double rinsed, ::) I took 4 tablets, but my Doc says to cause I'm a big guy. ;D

Sounds like you might be slightly allergic to what I would guess is skeeters.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the ideas everyone!
I am better this morning and didnt get up in the middle of the night. I know its from the benadryl. I had to go to bed before I was ready because I just wasnt gonna make it very far if I didnt.
The one bite is all gone this morning and I only itch on my chin and down my neck. Much better than itching all over like lastnight!
now lets just hope I remember the bug spray next time!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts