Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy and his BF Windy a little Choco Girl we walk with flushed out an Opossum
today on their walk this morning when I walked him he went down into the gully its alot of weeds and shrubs and small trees I walk right on top of the hill beside it and can see him well he was really into this spot this morning but nothing was there once he hooked up with his friend Windy this afternoon they flushed it out Windy gave it one good shake and then her Mom was able to call her off Buddy just kind of walked around it a bit and I got him to come back to me Windy had just got a squirrel in her yard and killed it :( she is a fast little bugger only about 40lbs and gives Buddy a run for his money I'm just glad they didnt get hurt I dont know if the Opossum made it or not but now I have to worry about letting him run tomorrow off leash I hope its gone!!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Hopefully the opossum's neck was broke right off. My Ginger lived to run the fields and woods, bringing home all kinds of dead things. Only once was she a little slow and a groundhog got her before she killed it. Thank goodness Jake and Jazzy only chase the critters around here.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Lucky, those possums can be viscious little critters if they need to be. I think that they did break it's neck right off the bat, just from the description you gave there.

Tell Windy's mom that I've got a killer lab too. She's sweet and gently 99% of the time, but look out smaller critters!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts