Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had major termite damage to our house last year. We had to rip out the entire flooring, subflooring, and sleepers in our laundry room and living room. There were also 2 walls of studs that had to be replace, along with about 10 feet of the center floor joist. We did most of the work ourselves. I did a lot of the under the house crawling around. Buddy hated it. Everytime I went down into the hole, he would go crazy. He would bark, whine, cry, and run around the house trying to figure out where I was. I tried to tell him there were no such things as ground trolls. I would be fine under the house. He could quit worrying. He didn't believe me. He knew better.

Today, he caught a ground troll red handed. My DD and SIL are building a house on part of our property. Everytime we go out to the house, Buddy has to go to the access hole for the crawl space to look for ground trolls. As he stuck his head under the house, he jump six feet in the air and exploded in the most horrific, barking growl. "Mom, come quick. There's a ground troll. Hurry, hurry before he escapes back underground. I told you there were ground trolls around this neck of the woods. I told you, so." I went to look. There under the house was a ground troll disquised as a plumber. He was making it look like he was hooking up the house's plumbing. I tried to tell Buddy that it was just the plumbing contractor. But, nooooo. Try to convince him differently. He knows a ground troll when he sees one.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Buddy is an LTR. Labrador Troll Retriever. Good job Buddy!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Way to go, Buddy! You protect Mom from those ground trolls. I hear the ones disguised as plumbers have some nasty cracks ... ;)

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Poor Buddy. The guy scared the crap out of him. I was afraid he would freak out because of this mad dog barking and growling like crazy at his only means of ecape. I went over to the access door and apologized for Buddy. The guy says it's ok that he had seen Buddy before Buddy saw him. My SIL said the man couldn't have been a real plumber. He was dressed way to nicely to be messing around under a house, and he didn't have any crack showing at all.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
But Mooommmm, Buddy just tryin' to protect you from them nasty evil ground trolls. Dontcha know they could be disguised as just about anything, even the mild mannered plumber!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Monnie ... one of the funniest posts I've read on JL in years! Good job, Buderoo.

I give my word of honor the following is true and not intended to be racist in any manner. I was about 22 years old, married and my daughter was almost three years old. I had a wonderful female Brittany Spaniel that was the most mild mannered and loving gun dawgs I've ever known ... before or since. We were all living in a rental home that had a problem with the sump pump in the basement. The landlord called to say a plumber would be coming by sometime after 4 pm that day.

I was outside when the plumber showed up. He was a black man. I took him into the house through the kitchen and that's when it happened. Lady (my Brittany) came running into the kitchen to greet me and slammed on the brakes when she saw the plumber. Her fur raised up and down her spine and she began snarling as she backed out of the kitchen. My daughter started crying and the wife came running to see what the heck the comotion was all about. I explained that the plumber had just walked in with me and "I don't know what happened to Lady".

The plumber was good natured enough about it and said .. "I don't think you folks 'lil one and da dog ever seen a Negro before." As humorous as it was in retrospect, the dog never would come into the kitchen until after the plumber left and even then she kinda snuck around with hackles partially up making sure he wasn't still there. Are there black trolls too?

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts