Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my goober acted as a protector this weekend :)

Around 10:30 at night on saturday the police caming knocking on my boyfriend's door. He asked if his car had been at the mall that evening parked near the Sears with a dog in the car. My boyfriend confirms the fact thinking...am I going to get a citation for leaving Buck in the car?

The cop continues on and tells him that there was an attempted break in on the car. A couple of guys tried to reach in through the half open windows and unlock the door to rob it. They didn't notice the dog in there till their hands were in which is when I am guessing Buck popped up and started barking and caused a ruckus which caught the attention of the patrolling town police in the mall parking lot (there have been break ins in the mall parking lot for a couple weeks now hence the police presence and vigilance)

They noticed that the dog wasn't acting like his owners were trying to get into the vehicle. They immediately approached the guys and when they could not prove their ownership of the vehicle they were arrested and other proof of their involvement in the other breakins surfaced. Now they are going to be charged and prosecuted.

I wonder if Buck realizes what a great thing he did :) :D He knew when to bark and not lick a person to slobbery wetness out of love :p

Buckeroo saved the day :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
WOW! Good job, Buckaroo!! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yay for Buck! What a good boy!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Wow. Good boy! I'm *so* glad he wasn't hurt, though. I do leave Theo in the car from time to time when I go shopping if it's not for long and it's not warm out, but I admit that this is one of my fears.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Way to go, Buck! I'm glad he wasn't hurt. My biggest fear in leaving the boys in the van is someone trying to steal them.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. Good boy! I'm *so* glad he wasn't hurt, though. I do leave Theo in the car from time to time when I go shopping if it's not for long and it's not warm out, but I admit that this is one of my fears.
Oh definitely! I take him with when I know I will gone for no more than 20-30mins and keep the windows farthest away from him cracked open.
I am always paranoid someone will try to harm him or steal him.

It was a bit nervewracking when we found out this had happened and we weren't aware of it till a couple hours later!

Sometimes I wish they could talk :p

He did good. But now I am kinda apprehensive about taking him with unless I can see him the whole time.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Oh definitely! I take him with when I know I will gone for no more than 20-30mins and keep the windows farthest away from him cracked open.
I am always paranoid someone will try to harm him or steal him.

It was a bit nervewracking when we found out this had happened and we weren't aware of it till a couple hours later!

Sometimes I wish they could talk :p

He did good. But now I am kinda apprehensive about taking him with unless I can see him the whole time.
Wow, he did good. I've always been scared that someone would steal my Buck. Heck, he'd probably unlock the door for them. He's never been left in our car. Glad your boy is ok.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Good job, Buck!! WTG!!!

My "Lab Cab" has the plastic ventilators attached above all 4 windows so I can leave all windows lowered 2"/5 cm. plus I had an aftermarket retracting/tilting sunroof installed in the roof.

When I have to leave Puff in the car (never more than 20 minutes & she has water accessible) while I shop, the opened sunroof acts as a chimney and keeps the inside tolerable for her.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ooo! I will have to look into those plastic ventilators! Sounds like a neat idea :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts