Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you brush your dog's teeth ;D even if they like chewing on nylabones, etc? If so, what do you use: baking soda? or any other household product?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought a tube of peanut flavored tooth paste for dogs at Pet Smart and Kody loves it. I started by letting him lick it off the brush a couple of times, then started in on the brushing. He will sit still long enough for me to get all of his teeth now. I try to do it weekly but don't always get to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since she was a small puppy, I have been brushing Puddy's teeth with a chicken flavored toothpaste about 1 time per week. She also gets a raw soup bone about 2-3 times per week.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My friend brushes her dogs teeth and I think its wierd.. :) no offense to those of you that do.. I give Breed those iams danta bone things and her teeth are fine.. Vet says doesnt hurt to brush dogs teeth and it doesnt hurt not to.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I don't brush the girls teeth. Between the nubby kongs and the bones they knaw on everyday, their teeth keep pretty clean.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Buddy chews Nylabones and I stuff Kongs, etc. He's 9 and I really don't want to have to get him put out for a cleaning if I don't have to. Lord knows this dog has had more anesthesia than most humans I know all put together!!
I use a mint flavored dog toothpaste and he seems to love it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I do, but not on a schedule. He likes to chew on his Nylabone which helps. I mainly brush his teeth b/c I think it's kinda funny! I can say to Jersey "brush brush brush brush?" really fast and he gets all excited. :p Then he just kind of gnaws on the toothbrush. It's more of a fun activity for us than it is for clean teeth!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts